Any advice on how to potty train my 2 year old?

He turned 2 just after Christmas so we got a potty chair for him, we leave him run around with no nappy on a few hours a day, depending on how cold it is in the house!
He'll sit on the potty for a few seconds, but he'll then stand up and squeeze out pee on the floor! I've tried sitting him down on the toilet with no luck!
He just seems to find it so funny to pee on the floor (because the first 10 - 20 times it was funny) but we've been trying for over 3 months now and we've made no progress.
I even put some underware on him thinking he'll be unhappy sitting in a wet pair of pants, but this did't seem to bother him!
Any advice please?

kylie_bob

Asked by kylie_bob at 4:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Your other option is to wait awhile. My daughter didn't train till she was three and a half, and everybody was giving me grief about it. She just wasn't interested, though, and I'd learned even when she was a toddler that getting into a battle of wills with her would do no good. She decided she was ready to go potty like a big girl when I toldher she couldn't be in preschool till she did. Once she was on board with the plan, she was trained in ten days, no accidents even at night. Two is pretty young. Boys often train later than girls, and some are three or four years old before they get it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2013

• Spend the $20 on the 3 Day Method. It is AWESOME. It worked SO well with my son. It's intense for those 3 days, but BOY is it worth it. DS got it in about a day and a half (after about 30+ accidents on day 1). The warning time was still just seconds, but it gets longer and longer. I swear it was the best thing ever. We have not used a single diaper since we started it. DS is now 4 1/2.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2013

• I hope you love it! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or need support during the process! Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2013

• 3 day is great but since the kid is urinating himself and not finding it uncomfortable he may not be ready.
    perhaps wait a month or two then try again.
    and no reason to spend money here's a link

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2013

• He is not ready. Avoid frustration and wait till age 3. Also, I put both my boys on the big toilet facing the tank. Little boys have chubby thighs that don't allow them to pee very well with a child seat on top of the big toilet. JMO.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:21 PM on Apr. 9, 2013

• That sounds brilliant musicpisces! Thank you! I'll google it right now
    kylie_bob

Comment by kylie_bob (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Apr. 9, 2013

• Yeah Ballad 2 does seem young, but I'm just a lil worried now as my DS is due to start school my his 3rd birthday, so less than a year!
    kylie_bob

Comment by kylie_bob (original poster) at 4:28 PM on Apr. 9, 2013

• Thank you musicpisces! Really appreciate it
    kylie_bob

Comment by kylie_bob (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Apr. 9, 2013