Why is my temp 99.3 to 99.6 during the day? can do it any damage?

for the past 2 months since I had my son its been like this, it was a little high 99.3ish when i was pregnant with him, i am not really sure about before then because i didnt take my temp as often. doctors are running tests etc because it has been going on so long and because it worrys me but my doctor said he doesnt "think" its anything serious but wants to rule things out to be sure. so what if they dont find anything? can people run this type of temp forever and be totally ok?
when waking up and over night its 97.8 to 98.6 during the day it is higher

I have had anxiety before this and am REALLY stressing this temp for some reason I just need some reassurance if its not really a big deal
or if it is I need to know too

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Health

• I ran a fever while I was pregnant with my first. I was so sick and my normal body temp is around 97.1. If I go past 99, then I feel like garbage. I never thought a lot of it, but I do remember not feeling good.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:47 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• What is normal body temperature?

Most people think of a "normal" body temperature as an oral temperature of 98.6F. This is an average of normal body temperatures. Your temperature may actually be 1°F (0.6°C) or more above or below 98.6F. Also, your normal body temperature changes by as much as 1°F (0.6°C) throughout the day, depending on how active you are and the time of day. Body temperature is very sensitive to hormone levels and may be higher or lower when a woman is ovulating or having her menstrual period.

(www.webmd.com)
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 7:30 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• What is a fever?

In most adults, an oral temperature above 100F or a rectal or ear temperature above 101F is considered a fever. A child has a fever when his or her rectal temperature is 100.4F or higher.

(www.webmd.com)
    boizmom

• Pregnancy: Body temperature in women is increased during the first three months of pregnancy. This may be due to increased blood flow in a pregnant woman.

(http://www.healthorchid.com/Content/Consumer/body_temperature.asp?id=8)
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 7:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Ovulation: During the two weeks before ovulation, the part of the menstrual cycle when an egg is released from the ovary, a woman may have a body temperature lower than normal. It then increases by about 1 degree, with ovulation. This is because progesterone, one of the hormones that regulate the menstrual cycle, is released at this time. This hormone causes an increase in body temperature, which is an indicator to show that ovulation may have occurred.
    boizmom

• The normal range of human body temperature varies due to an individuals metabolism rate, the higher (faster) it is the higher the normal body temperature or the slower the metabolic rate the lower the normal body temperature. Other factors that might affect the body temperature of an individual may be the time of day or the part of the body in which the temperature is measured at. The body temperature is lower in the morning, due to the rest the body received, and higher at night after a day of muscular activity and after food intake.

(http://hypertextbook.com/facts/LenaWong.shtml)
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 7:38 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• My first guess is that your thyroid is acting up.
    ddbz

Answer by ddbz at 7:45 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• 98.5 is the average. Some people run hotter or colder normally. And it fluctuates normally during the day. I run colder than normal mine is usually in the 96-97 and I'm healthy.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:13 PM on Feb. 16, 2009