Is it inappropriate for students to massage and scratch a teacher's back and shoulders?

My 4th grade son's teacher has students in her class massage her back/shoulders in class. She doesn't ask, she just calls a students name and tells them to massage her shoulders or back or even scratch her back all over. This teacher is a "screamer" and I feel that the students may be intimidated to tell her no or even tell their parents. What to do, is this illegal?

TXmom840

Asked by TXmom840 at 6:30 PM on Apr. 9, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• What the fuck? Way inappropriate. That's just WEIRD.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 6:32 PM on Apr. 9, 2013

• I would tell the principal, yes I think it is very silly!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 6:32 PM on Apr. 9, 2013

• Sounds like it's dancing awfully close to a boundary if not blatantly crossing it. I don't think a child should be massaging a teacher's shoulders or scratching her back at all in class, much less getting told to do it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2013

• That would be a YES - teacher should be reported.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2013

• Oh. HELL. No! That is not even close to okay.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2013

• Why have you not told the Principal about this?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:37 PM on Apr. 9, 2013

• I would not be comfortable with that situation.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:38 PM on Apr. 9, 2013

• I was just made aware of this a little bit ago. The school here is closed but, I did email the principal to call me immediately.
    TXmom840

Comment by TXmom840 (original poster) at 6:38 PM on Apr. 9, 2013

• I hink I would have a quick chat with the principal. .
    If she is a "screamer" it seems odd that the teachers next door haven't noticed.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:39 PM on Apr. 9, 2013

• Oh. Hell. No. Very inappropriate. OMG. I would be at that school the first day back and would tell my child to say NO. Then, if my child got in trouble for telling a teacher no to that request, i would be calling the school board! 

And i would discuss the 'screamer' thing with the principal too. It's not appropriate for any adult to be screaming at children. I understand raising your voice when needed, but screaming is disrespectful. 

boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 6:53 PM on Apr. 9, 2013