Is Life of Pi okay for an 8 year old or not?

Thanks.

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 9:54 PM on Apr. 9, 2013 in Entertainment

• I haven't watched it, but I think that with every other movie, it really depends on the kid. My nephew, 3 months modern than my son, bawled in "Ratatouille" when Rèmy gets lost because he gets very emotionally involved in movies. My kid, not so much, he has even watched all "Harry Potter" movies and he's 9. He's very aware it's not true so doesn't get that worked up.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 12:54 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• I let my 8 year old watch it, he bawled his head off, worried that Mom and Dad could die etc. Now this is a kid that is not usually affected too much by movies, something hit a nerve in him, we watched it until the end, because I wanted to explain to him the boy made it out safely. I say your call, I was shocked at how emotional he got over it, I think it might have been the combo of animals and people both being killed, drowned etc. I wish I would have not let him. I am sure there are some kids who wouldn't be near as emotional over it.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 10:01 PM on Apr. 9, 2013

• Wow...okay, thank you! I'm glad I asked. I wondered if the animals died. I haven't heard a thing. I'll probably skip it for him.
    jeanclaudia

Comment by jeanclaudia (original poster) at 10:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2013

• I'd say no
    my 6 yr old caught the last bit of it & cried but it was a good cry but before that we wouldn't of let her watch the whole thing because of the animals being attacked etc.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 10:06 PM on Apr. 9, 2013

• Our 9, and 10 yr old sons loved it. They thought it was amazing, and I thought it was fine for them... It's not real, it's a movie, and they understood that.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:07 PM on Apr. 9, 2013