Can someone please calm my fears??

I'm 6 weeks pregnant and i got light pink spotting last night so i went to the ER today. They did a blood test and a regular ultrasound as well as a vaginal ultrasound. The doc said my Hcg was 14,006 (which i read is normal) and the doc said the ultrasounds seem to look okay so he set me up an appt to recheck my Hcg in two days. I'm scared. I wont make it that long. My pink spotting turned to brownish color earlier today and now it's turned to red and is coming a tad faster than the brown has. Someone please help me calm down? I'm so anxious i cant sleep.

shellyb1087

Asked by shellyb1087 at 1:02 AM on Apr. 10, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry, honey. It sounds like this pregnancy might not work out. But either way, being afraid and anxious isn't going to make the situation better. Easier said than done, I know--been there, done that--but try to put on some soothing music and close your eyes. I wish there was something else I could say.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:09 AM on Apr. 10, 2013

• Go to youtube and look up spa and relaxation music. It's probably nothing if the levels were normal. Say a prayer and just HAVE FAITH!  The mind can do wonders in helping the body to heal.

prayingfingers crossedangel

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 1:34 AM on Apr. 10, 2013

• I will keep my fingers crossed, but so that you are prepared, bright red bleeding isn't a good sign, now that doesn't mean that it can't all be okay, you may have a previa of some sort, or might need some hormone shots, I will say a prayer for you! Is this the first time you have been pregnant?
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 8:36 AM on Apr. 10, 2013

• I have been pregnant before and had a normal full term pregnancy. I feel so helpless bc now im scared I wont be able to give my hunny any children. He is really hurt. He blames himself and i blame myself. I keep trying to be positive, but i feel like a miscarriage is happening. Im on bed rest and it's just making me worry more. Idk how to deal with this i feel so guilty and ashamed that I couldn't do anything to change all this. The father and I are going to the OB tomorrow to re-check my Hcg levels....I'm so scared the numbers will be dropping. I just want to sleep and relax but im so torn up over this.
    shellyb1087

Comment by shellyb1087 (original poster) at 8:45 AM on Apr. 10, 2013

• It is not your fault or your hubbies. This is natures way of saying this wasn't meant to be for a number of reasons. Don't feel that you will never have another. I know many women including myself that had miscarriages and then had healthy babies. I've had 3 successful pregnancy after and delivered very healthy babies. I also had my period (normal) for a month or two with one of my pregnancy's. My home tests kept coming up negative, too. She is now 15 and full of life! I will pray for you, but whatever happens you will be ok. (HUGS)

ggsmom333

Answer by ggsmom333 at 9:09 AM on Apr. 10, 2013

• It's nobody's fault. Sometimes crappy things happen. Try not to be too stressed out until you have more solid info from your OB. Some women have bleeding like a period when they are pregnant and still carry a healthy baby to term. Stressing out will not help, although it sucks to not have answers.
    Sending you positive thoughts.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:22 AM on Apr. 10, 2013

• Maybe it's just a subchorionic hemmorage. I had that with my first pregnancy & my Son was fine. Did they see a heartbeat with the internal ultrasound? At 6 weeks they can. GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:36 AM on Apr. 10, 2013

• You do kno that misscarages are normal? I had one between my first and second pregnancy. And in some women bleeding during pregnancy is normal.

Answer by louise2 at 10:42 AM on Apr. 10, 2013

• I pray for the best. And try to calm down a little the stress do not help you. I know I know is not easy when you want the answers now and are scare but remember is NOT your fault or dh. Hugs
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 10:43 AM on Apr. 10, 2013

• Thats what ive heard is that they should have picked up a heartbeat but when i asked the doc said it's too early to hear a heartbeat so i didn't get to hear anything but i saw the pics of the little peanut so i know for sure he or she was in there yesterday. The doc said he didnt see any blood in my uterus and that the ultrasound sound pics seem to look okay. This just doesn't make sense to me.
    shellyb1087

Comment by shellyb1087 (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Apr. 10, 2013