Do you love your husband more or children more

I just saw this interesting thread in cafe mom

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/18340951/Do_you_think_we_end_up_loving_our_husband_more_than_our_children_once_they_grow_up
Many moms admitted that they love their husband more than their kids and i find it really sweet.

Been married for 27 years, and we always did exactly this. Put each other/ our marriage first, the kids were the very much loved and well taken care of. . I love my husband more than my children, and there is not much either of us would do for them. Both of our kids are well adjusted young adults, in good professions and stable, loving marriages themselves, and both have thanked us for our example.

I know both of these loves are so different but still ,do you love your husband more or children more ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on Apr. 10, 2013 in General Parenting

• Hi!
    Albeit they are two different kinds of loves, I love my children way more than I could ever love a husband, boyfriend, partner, whatever it may be. The love for my children is undconditional...to where as my love for a man certainly comes with conditions. I respect my man, love him to pieces, but if a choice were forced to be made....I'd pick my kids hands down, but then again that is just my perspective. Blessed!
    NicNatsMom

Answer by NicNatsMom at 3:48 AM on Apr. 10, 2013

• I am same.I love my hubby more .Why ?
    Because without him there would be no children to love for me .I love my children more than my own life but nothing could touch the LOVE i have for my hubby .NOTHING .

Married for 40 years and still going strong.

lola12112

Answer by lola12112 at 4:01 AM on Apr. 10, 2013

• There are so many different kinds of love and the love for my kids is different than the love for my husband. Eventually, kids grow up and move out and begin their own life either on their own or with a "mate". I will always love them but not the way I love my husband.

It's also a different love for my parents and siblings as well as my nieces and nephews.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 7:01 AM on Apr. 10, 2013

• I have always loved my husband more but it's a different kind of love than I had for my son. I loved him b/c he was a part of me and my husband.

I think it is a huge mistake to put the marriage and your spouse second to the kids. If you don't have a good relationship with your partner, it will cause stress for you both and that will affect the kids. You HAVE to put the marriage first. However, that does not mean that you stay in an abusive relationship b/c obviously your partner is NOT putting you first. Same goes for infidelity.

I hope that makes sense ... it's early and I've only had 1/2 a cup of coffee.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:28 AM on Apr. 10, 2013

• my kids... some people say they love their husbands more bc if it wasnt for them then they wouldnt have the kids. which to me is a dumb excuse. my kids will always be number one to me when it comes to anyone.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 7:29 AM on Apr. 10, 2013

• I hate them all the same :)
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 8:03 AM on Apr. 10, 2013

• It is different types of love. While I love my husband so much, my children will always come first. I may be biased because my kids aren't grown up, and maybe when they are adults that might change. That being said right now my children come before everything else in my life.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:15 AM on Apr. 10, 2013

• I love my children way more than I ever loved my ex husband. I suppose on could say that's why he's my ex. But, personally, I believe it's because he's an ass.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:27 AM on Apr. 10, 2013

• Kids. They need my love way more than their dad. He is a grown man.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:33 AM on Apr. 10, 2013

• This again?

Neither. I love them differently. Not more or less than anyone. Just differently.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:34 AM on Apr. 10, 2013