i am gay my childens father is taking me to court for soul custody! shpuld i be worried? not to mention he has meth charges and had my kids taken from him once before because of it!!!

Stephanie T.

Asked by Stephanie T. at 7:30 AM on Apr. 10, 2013 in General Parenting

• im sorry but meth charges are way worse then being gay. if the judge doesnt see that then he needs to find a different job. Is that the only thing the father is holding against you? if so best of luck to his dumbass lol
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 7:33 AM on Apr. 10, 2013

• yea that and a facebook post from a bad day when I simply said I have never wanted to die but today wouldn't be such a bad day, lol! everything else is just stuff he assumes!!! and my son said he took a bath with my girlfriend and he is five he will say whatever he thinks his dad wants to hear!! he did bath with her but he was 3 and a half maybe four!!! since they have gotten older we don't even allow them in the bathroom with us nor his older sister!!!
    Stephanie T.

Comment by Stephanie T. (original poster) at 7:37 AM on Apr. 10, 2013

• I would not worry too much about it, he has the loosing end of the stick here....

Answer by older at 7:40 AM on Apr. 10, 2013

• I wouldnt worry.. That meth still out does anything lol.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 7:42 AM on Apr. 10, 2013

• If he wants to take custody away from you he has to prove that you are a bad mother. Being gay does not make you a bad mother.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 7:44 AM on Apr. 10, 2013

• thanks, and I ask my self if he thinks im such a bad mother why does or did he allow his child by another women come and stay the weekend several times with me???? I just don't get it he is so stupid!!!
    Stephanie T.

Comment by Stephanie T. (original poster) at 7:55 AM on Apr. 10, 2013

• Being gay is not grounds to not have custody. Doing meth....is grounds. I would not worry - if you don't retain custody, then there'd have to be something else about you that you aren't telling us. Just relax, let him make a fool of himself and don't worry.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:27 AM on Apr. 10, 2013

• With his record, I would think you wouldn't have any problem with sole custody. Judges, first of all, prefer to keep mother and children together. Add in your husband's criminal past, and I think things will go your way. If you cannot afford an attorney, contact your local Legal Aid office for assistance. They work domestic cases all the time. Write down any times that he has been violent with as much detail as you can recall. This will help you when you go to Court Being gay does not mean you are an unfit parent, and should not be part of the argument on his side.
    DixieMom219

Answer by DixieMom219 at 8:27 AM on Apr. 10, 2013

• No court can take away your children because of you being gay. He can go ahead and put his ass i the spot light with his meth problem so they will grant you sole custody. He is just trying to scare you.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:14 AM on Apr. 10, 2013

• Being gay isn't a crime. The courts want the kids to have a happy, loving, nurturing environment. They advocate for the children. If the only thing he has against you is that you are gay, then he's wasting everyone's time and money.

In fact, I would ask that if he has any visitation it either be suspended until he has completed rehab along with on-going drug testing or that it be only supervised if they will not suspend.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:20 AM on Apr. 10, 2013