How do I motivate myself to exercise every day??

I have a cross trainer, weights, sit up bench, and my daughter naps for 2 hours in the afternoon. HOW do I stop myself from saying "Uh, not today." and get myself motivated to lose weight??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• get a bunch of pictures of women with hot bodies and put them in regular places you look or go, like your deoderant stick, your make up bag, your coffee mug etc. That's what I'm going to do to motivate myself, I know its shallow but I think it WILL work lol.
    Anonymous

• If you figure it out, tell me - pls!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 7:56 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Hey let me in on the secret when u find one I have the same problem lol
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 8:02 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• just do it! ok really.. seriously i turn on some good upbeat music it gets me going. or if you havea little one sleeping, use an iopd or headset or soemthing of that sort.. usually works for me.another thing is, after you eat breakfast... turn your computer off, and tv.. those tend to call us alot and makes us more lazy! hope this helps.
    Anonymous

• It is simply a matter of self discipline. If you choose to sit there and do whatever else you are doing aside from exercising, then you are choosing to look the way you do (which is fine if you are happy with that) and in return have no room to complain that you can't fit into your old jeans, or anything else of that nature.

A good example was the other day I was at the gym (I take a PE class at college so that I have time specifically set aside to exercise) and I had set the timer on the bike for 25mins, and when it got to 21 I wanted to stop soo bad because my legs were hurting and I was almost done anyways, and what would it hurt to stop early? But I made myself keep going, and I felt great about it afterword because I had the self discipline to keep going and not stop.

Hope that helps you a little...really, it is just a matter of getting up and doing it.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:25 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• take a pic of yourself naked. Look at it everday. It worked for me.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:31 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• It really is a matter of discipline. I know because I have NONE!...LOL...I like the naked pic idea. Ew! I did go over to the HS track and run 2 miles on SUnday. Its the only way I know how to take off the weight and today I am hurting worse than yesterday. I think I over did it. I am going to go back tonight but maybe not run 2 miles...LOL
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:40 AM on Feb. 17, 2009