This is a Miscarriage question, not sure wher else to ask it adult content

I had a miscarriage at 18 weeks 6 weeks ago. My bleeding afterwards was off and on, but now at 6 weeks I stop bleeding and then blood like comes out of me like a really heavy period out of no where. Yesterday I lost another big blood clot. Is this normal, how long will I bleed for? I just want to feel normal again...I don't have insurance anymore so I cant see my doctor

Micki-Cook

Asked by Micki-Cook at 12:08 PM on Apr. 10, 2013 in Pregnancy

• First of all,my condolences
    Did you have to deliver your little one,or did the doctor have to do the surgery?
    After a pregnancy,it's normal to bleed up to 3 months sometimes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• If you have concerns I would contact your doctor. and HUGS.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:14 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• Sorry to hear that. If it continues you may need a D&C to eliminate what is causing the continual bleeding. Sometimes our bodies cannot eliminate everything naturally. Did you already have a D&C? That far along you probably should have. A D&C will also be beneficial for you to get pregnant again quickly. GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:17 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• It might have actually been a heavy period. I had one 4 weeks after DS was born (and I was EBFing).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:18 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• So sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I would at least call your doctors office, and see if they can give you any information. Maybe they have an "Ask a Nurse" hotline, you could call for questions also.
    2013mommieof5

Answer by 2013mommieof5 at 12:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• When I went in they said it was a complete miscarriage so I didn't need a D&C...
    Micki-Cook

Comment by Micki-Cook (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• And yes, I delivered at home and then went to ER
    Micki-Cook

Comment by Micki-Cook (original poster) at 12:28 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• Hi dear,
    I'm very sorry for your loss, and know this must be hard for you. Back in 2004 I lost my son at 23 weeks pregnant, they called it a missed abortion instead of miscarriage which I thought was odd. I bled for several months after wards and I too had many big un natural looking clots which my doc said was normal because my body was still trying to expel tissue from my son, who at 23 weeks I had to deliver instead of D&C. Trust your body honey, if something doesn't feel right then please go see your OBGYN. Try Raspberries naturally or in supplemental form as they help your uterus go back to its original size, which is part of the reason why you are still bleeding. Hope this helps, and I hope you can find peace from this situation. <3 <3 <3
    NicNatsMom

Answer by NicNatsMom at 12:30 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• I think you need to get in to see your Dr.
    Did you have a D&C after the MC?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• I didnt have a D&C becuase they said is was a complete miscarriage. I feel completely fine, no fever, I'm not tired. I just keep bleeding.
    Micki-Cook

Comment by Micki-Cook (original poster) at 12:57 PM on Apr. 10, 2013