Missing bikes, Maintenance man throwing them away!

I came home to discover our apt maintenance man had thrown my kids bikes away in the dumpster. (the trash man had already came) He cut them off the locks. And had the nerve to tell me they were crappy so he threw them away. Now other ppl as well are missing bikes. He claims the office manager gave him permission. I asked her, she says she didnt. what can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Apr. 10, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Go to the office and say you owe me for the bike/s. go to smal claims court.

Answer by louise2 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• Its a lot of bikes missing, seems to be only ppl he dislikes. It should be stealing and he should be arrested.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• Call the Police & tell them to talk to this guy. What a JERK!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:39 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• Uhmmmm. They need to buy your kids new bikes ASAP. Dang, I hate to think how upset your kids will be when they discover their bikes gone.

Ps....maintenance man would also need a trip to the hospital to have my foot surgically removed from his arse, js.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 1:40 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• Report away, do not let him get away with this, this is theft, specially if he had to cut chains to get to them.....call the police now!

Answer by older at 1:41 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• I would be calling the police
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• It does not matter who this man is. He illegally cut the locks off the properly secured bikes and stole them. That is what taking property is called. It does not matter what he did with them. Call the police and have the other parents also call them.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:07 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• Call the police non-emergency number and have someone come out and file a report.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:09 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• time to call the cops...you might want to give the apartment manager a heads up & the others who have had bikes stolen & dumped. if you all report it to the cops they are more likely to do something about it.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:14 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• He's probably selling them or scrapping them.
    Report him.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:29 PM on Apr. 10, 2013