Tests

Can every urine test be negative (like 3) & blood test say positive

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Anything is possible
    Anonymous

• I have had that happen.. It might be too early for hormone to appear in your urine yet. But a blood test will tell sooner.
    lilmama5268

Answer by lilmama5268 at 7:55 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I have had this happen as well, when I had an ectopic pregnancy. Quite often, your H cg hormones are not high enough in concentration in your urine, but are detectable in the blood. A blood test is the fastest way to determine if conception has occurred. It was funny when I went in to the ER for severe abdominal pain, and this ultrasound tech comes in and says "is this your first time being pregnant??"! HA.. had no idea I was pregnant and had not even missed my period yet, but sure enough, the poor little guy/girl was growing in my tube : (. Unfortunately I had to have a tube removed and the pregnancy terminated :(.. Just goes to show that blood tests can detect pregnancy very early. Good luck, and Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! Blood tests are very, very seldom wrong. Just watch out for those warning signs.
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 8:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Blood tests are much more accurate than a urine test. Sounds like you have a bun in the oven :) Congratulations
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 10:06 PM on Feb. 16, 2009