any good advice for choosing a doctor in wenatchee?

I need to find one soon, just moved here and can't seem to find any good places for pregnancy centers/classes here? For wenatchee wa

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• have you looked into midwives and birth centers? WA tends to be more open about that. The key is to find a good doctor that will help you with what you want. So what are you looking for in a doctor?
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I don't know the exact area you are in, however you should do some Google searches for local midwives. I started my last pregnancy with an OB, then switched to a midwife and got so much better prenatal care from her than from the OB. I got more precautionary tests, more ultrasounds, and my midwife made me feed very comfortable and actually like a person, not just a baby making factory. I also had no problems getting the birth I wanted, despite having preeclampsia, The birth was also very gentle, and I did not tear or get an episiotomy at all. The World Health Organization recommends midwives for uncomplicated pregnancies, and for good reason. Just do a google search and meet possible practitions for an interview with perspective doctors or midwives. It's often better to interview the practitioner yourself rather then relying on the referrals of others. Good luck with your pregnancy!
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 8:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2009