Is there any way to naturally spay/neuter a dog?

ggsmom333

Asked by ggsmom333 at 6:45 PM on Apr. 10, 2013 in Pets

• Okay first spaying and neutering requires the snipping of their reproductive organs so there is no way to do that without putting them under. There may however be holistic ways to make them infertile which I think is what you meant. I have no idea if there is a way to do that, but find a holistic vet and ask them. You cannot do shots holistically I am not even sure what that means. You may decline the shots and treat him holistically, but there are no holistic shots.
    Anonymous

• There's nothing to "cure", because if a dog can have puppies, then it is working the way nature intended. Spaying a dog makes sure it can't do what is natural. Get it done by a reputable vet, and do it before the dog can get out and get pregnant or get someone pregnant.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:32 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• you want to be an amateur vet in your garage?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:48 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• OK, I gotta tell you, this question made me want to scream NOOOOOOO!! I don't think that's anything you want to fool around with.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:54 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• Like a doggy BC pill?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:13 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• No birth control pill for men that I know of....

oh wait, you meant real dogs! LOL None that I know of. Although, it would be interesting if they could get shots like humans. You can always ask for medical expense assistance from a number of animal rescue groups
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 7:14 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• If he is in no danger of making other babies, (as in he is the only dog, limited fence yard) no reason to have him fixed. I don't think anyone will sue you for child support, LOL!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 7:44 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• just so you know, I have a female spayed under 10 lb dog that humps people all of the time! He is small, so it make me nervous for you to have him put under, but if he is running off, he might need to be, but if you wait too long, it won't matter. Once they have been humping, running, diggind, the habit is formed. Behavior training might be the best, squirt a bit of water on him the next time he humps!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 8:02 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• I had Chihuahua's in the past smaller then that get fixed and their was no problems.

Answer by louise2 at 9:18 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• Yes, you can wave your magic wand, and poof, your dog is fixed....... Sorry, I couldn't resist...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:45 PM on Apr. 10, 2013