Anyone know anything about the Panama City Beach area?

I am looking at condos and houses for an August family vacation . Is the long beach, laguna beach, fort walton, bid-a-wee, gulf lagoon,etc. area best? I wasn't aware that they were separated like that. If you would recommend one area what would it be and why? TIA

sunnygrl2

Asked by sunnygrl2 at 8:15 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Travel

• I went there once a band trip - it was beautiful...that's all I know :)
    Anonymous

• It has been years since I have been but we had talked about going that was until we found out how much it would cost for a condo. The cheapest I found was $1200 for 5 days. If you could find another couple to go with you then it wouldn't be too bad. Also, the cheapest time to go to Panama is in September after labor day. Anyways, here is a link to some condos. http://www.findvacationrentals.com/florida/panama-city-beach.html
    Have fun!
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:19 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I will add my reply to this one too in case someone else needs the info....Go to vrbo.com and look up PC beach and you will find all the local owners that are looking for renters sorted by each condo. I like Calypso.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:23 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I used to live in Pensacola, FL. It is about an hour to an hour and a half away from Panama City. I am unable to recommend a rental unit. I wonder if you contacted a real estate agent if they could recommend a rental unit. Also, ask about what their policy is if a hurricane is supposed to hit that area during your visit. I hope you enjoy your visit. It is beautiful there.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 12:50 AM on Feb. 20, 2009