Anyone broken their wrist? Info on recovery...??

My fiance broke his wrist March 18th. He had surgery and a plate and 7 screws were placed in his wrist. Hes been out of work since even though he provided a Dr's note stating he is able to return; his work will not allow him to retrn stating "there is no work for him to do". He does some manual labor and then also light labor and paperwork.

I spoke with the Attorney General for our state and they stated that whether an employee is injured ON or OFF the job, the employer MUST accomodate that person with work. Especially after having provided a Dr's note stating so.

He had a follow-up appointment today and got his cast taken off and his stitches taken out. He now ha just a brace that is removeable to shower etc. has sutures on this incision and was given exercises to do.

We are HOPING that THIS dr's note will allow him to go back to work. ::Cross fingers::

He needs to get back to work, we are now running off of just my income.

So, has anyone broken their wrist and had surgery and if so, what was the process of healing?
this happened almost a month ago,
had surgery 10 days ago.
has a follow up in 1 month just to make sure all is welland pretty much give him the ok for resuming regular lifting and use of his arm.

ANy input would be helpful i havent found too much on the internet of healing time with surgery.

Thanks ladies!

& Thanks for letting me vent. lol :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Apr. 10, 2013 in Health

• woman next door broke bot arms and her tail bone
    she had surgery day it happened and a week later
    it took her 10 weeks to gt her casts off...BUT, she is under weight, and her bones were not healing

she just got ok to drive yesterday

hope your husband heals fast and your dr note shows work that you know your rights
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:54 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• Thank you! :) I hope so also! Im glad he got his cast off and just has the removeable brace.

The hospital i took him to the night it happened said he needed surgery then changed their mind and denied him srugery. I really think because my fiance didn't have insurance. (He did have it through his work but it was SO expensive he had just canceled it and was about to get a different type.)

So he really didnt end up getting surgery for nearly 2 weeks after it had happened!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:57 PM on Apr. 10, 2013