Best Places in Nebraska to live?

My husband and I would really like to get out of Cali to somewhere a bit more cost effective to live. We have been doing a lot of research and would like to move early next year. We are ready for a new beginning for us, our four kids, & baby on the way! Wed like to get out to Omaha this summer to visit to see how we like it. Where would any mommies knowledgeable about NE recommend raising a family, etc :) thanks for all of the info in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Apr. 10, 2013 in Travel

• I haven't lived there in years but Omaha was a good place to grow and raise a family.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:54 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• Nobody in California calls California Cali.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• Um ok- I sincerely dislike CALI and live in SOUTHERN CALI. Thank you! So ballsy of you to respond that anonymously. :) I posted my question anonymously because I don't care for anybody to know my information of who I am and my family. I simply asked a question so if you cant be helpful why even respond?

Dardenella- Thank you for your response! I have heard nothing bad about Omaha except that some areas have a higher crime rate (which I would obviously like to stay away from). If you have any other information it would be appreciated! Thank you :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:05 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• DH is from there. He likes Lincoln the best and would happily move our family back there except that he isn't crazy about the cold. It's a college town with some fun things going on and some nice neighborhoods. Omaha isn't bad either but I haven't heard as much about it. I do know they have an amazing zoo! Honestly, both are too cold and boring for me. But he still has family around there who love living there so it's definitely a personal taste thing.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 6:14 AM on Apr. 11, 2013