This house is clean!

I spent the last few days cleaning and organizing my house. I threw out old crap that I don't need, took boxes down to the basement that should have been taken down months ago, folded and put all the laundry away, cleaned kids rooms, donated their old clothes and toys to goodwill and washed all the dishes up, threw out some old pans and replaced them. I am so much happier, kids are happier, clutter is gone. Even got some cute throws to put on the couch and chairs. It really feels great to have a clean house that smells good ( I put scented candles around. My daughter is 7 and still in diapers, she is developmentally delayed so the smell of her diapers was making me gag lol I even got scented trash bags and bought trash cans with lids on them). I just feel 100% better and wanted to share.

Guess I should make this into a question. Does my sudden urge to clean mean I'm pregnant? LOL Sorry, had to do that :)

AnonNdrag

Asked by AnonNdrag at 10:12 PM on Apr. 10, 2013 in Home & Garden

• The nesting urge usually is within the last month of pregnancy. However your nest is clean and ready and the psychological benefit may help you on your motherly journey. If it doesn't work this time, come on over and you can nest over here for a while. LOL Good luck.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:17 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• Absolutely!

Good job and enjoy!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:18 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• stork

staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:20 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• Ugh.. You just reminded me that I've been slacking lol. Why can't the nesting stage last forever?
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 10:23 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• I keep telling hubby as soon as the taxes are done I'll clean up! I have paper piles everywhere!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:13 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• Great job! I've kind of given up on my house. I need to get that nesting thing going again. I felt so defeated getting it all cleaned up only to see it trashed again that I've started to slack, an the cluttr definitely does make my stress level go up.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:46 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• Very good job I am working on that right now. My husband is a hoarder so is taking me a little time but things are looking better. hopefully I will be in your spot in a few more days. Enjoy your clean house.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 8:47 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• Congrats! Don't you feel GREAT! I LOVE to clean & organize. It clears my head & I feel lighter too :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:05 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• LOL yeah if I suddenly found myself "nesting" I think I may fly the coop lol. But in all seriousness, yeah having a clean house is good for me and my kids. I'm a happier parent and they are happier when I'm not off on one of my Jacky and Hyde trips lol. The stress had just gotten to me and I decided to hell with it, I'm going to do something about it! And what a difference it has made.

bouncing mom

AnonNdrag

Comment by AnonNdrag (original poster) at 10:21 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• Yes, you might be pregnant ....
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2013