Allergies or sick?? Help!

Ugggghh I feel like poop! Lol
The last week it's been beautiful out.. Our cold winter streak has finally broke and the weather has been amazing! But along with the sunshine and warmth my sinuses have been hurting. My eyes hurt when I look side to side and my Bose is slightly stuffy/ runny. I'm sneezing here and there.. It's not horrible co gestion they way I normally feel when I get a head cold so I tossed it up to allergies?? Ie never had them this bad before though.. And never this long. And to top it off the last two days I've been coughing. Sounds like a wet cough in my chest.. Almost like I need to clear mucus out. No sore throat though and Boone else onmy family is sick.. Is this normal?

Anyone else cough due to allergies? Dj and I ate leaving the state tomorrow to go house hunting so I was wondering what I can take to get rid of this.. P.s has to be safe for a breastfeeding momma.

nnh_mama

Asked by nnh_mama at 10:48 PM on Apr. 10, 2013 in Health

• When I don't take my allergy meds I can feel like that when things are starting to bloom. Right now tree pollen is really high and my allergy pill doesn't stop all of the symptoms for me when the pollen is high. I can usually tell that I have allergies vs. being sick by the lack of body aches and fever and a particularly run down feeling I get only when I am sick. If those things aren't happening, it's usually allergies. I check the pollen counts on weather.com and that usually confirms my suspicion. Coughing and upper check congestion can happen from sinus drainage, so the cough could still be connected to allergies.

As for meds, different things work for different people. I take Zyrtec and it doesn't make me drowsy. Allegra used to work well for me too, without the sleepy or grogginess.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:57 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• Boone = noone** Sorry I am on my phone.. Lots of typos.. Dh* and I are* leaving tomorrow.
    nnh_mama

Comment by nnh_mama (original poster) at 10:55 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• Yes, I was allergic once to pesticide spray (I believe), which made me cough NON-STOP for about 2 months straight.  I also tend to get bad coughs whenever I get a cold. What I've found that helped better than prescription meds was taking this allergy medicine called Chlor Tabs, sold at Walmart for like under $3.00/100 tablets. It's low-drowsy, but was non-drowsy to me. It gets rid of that itch in the back of your throat that makes you want to cough. If you get phlegm-y coughs with mucus, I suggest Robitussin DM, which has an expectorant called Guaifenesin to loosen the phlegm and clear up your cough. Generics w/that ingredient also work.

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 11:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2013

• Thanks ladies. R these baby safe?
    nnh_mama

Comment by nnh_mama (original poster) at 11:29 PM on Apr. 10, 2013