Does this make me a bad mom?

Am I wrong to enjoy going to work sometimes just cuz it gives me a break from the baby? I mean I only work 2 days a week so it's not like I'm gone all the time. But I do enjoy the adult interaction. I heard someone say that when women who use work as a break from their kids means they don't really want to deal with being a mom.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no it doesnt make you a bad mom. i spend all my time with our 2 year old and just got through telling my DH that i need a break so bad
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:21 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I dont' think you are wrong, and it doesn't make you a bad mom, everyone needs a little "me" time, even if it is just going to work. I love my daughter and miss her every day when i am at work, but i do enjoy getting a chance to miss her, and of course the adult interaction.
    december911

Answer by december911 at 8:21 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• thats not true what you heard.. i would love to get a job and i am a stay at home mom, honeslty i dont enjoy being here with my kids 24/7 but some days we just need a break. it isnt being a bad mom.
    Anonymous

• Hmmm..I've been thinking about getting a job a couple days a week just to get out of the house too! We can be bad moms together lol. But with all kidding aside, I think it would make me a better mother, because then I would get a chance to miss my children! JMO!
    Anonymous

• I would love some time away from my son. He's offically driving me crazy.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:25 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I feel it is important for a mother and child to spend some time apart otherwise the mother will become much too stressed from always being with just the child and she needs to interact with adults and the child needs to learn to spend time away from mom and know she will be back. That way it is an early lesson in adjusting to any further separation be it school, mom working full time etc. I have seen mom's who are at home full time from birth until grammer school or even high school...it's not healthy for mom or the child.
    humminbird

Answer by humminbird at 8:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• a happy mom is a good mom. even if you work your doing it for yourself we all need brakes. i dont work *sigh * but could use a break even if it was 1 day a week to work. so kudos to you. your not a bad mom. its ok to like time away and talk to.....gasp......adults. have a wonderful night xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• so we're supposed to be at home with our kids 24/7, never get away, never get a break, and never be more than two inches away from our kids to be good moms? am i the only one thinking under those circumstances, my children would quickly be killed, by ME!
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 8:40 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I was a SAHM for 4 months and I go back to work tomorrow and I couldn't be happier. I love my children dearly but I need to have adult interaction or I am going to go insane, LOL. I do not think that it makes you a bad mother at all.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 8:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• The only bad mom is the one who beats her baby.

No, not wrong at all. The mom gig is tough and doesn't live up to its hype a lot of the time.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2009