It's true that the world didn't end in 2012, but that doesn't mean it isn't dying. Anyone else agree?

uwmilf

Asked by uwmilf at 1:02 AM on Apr. 11, 2013 in Religious Debate

• Well I'm not going to say dying I would say Dysfunctional where I'm at people are panicking b/c of the North Korea thing I mean really their missiles can't even get to Hawaii but the world is just out of order in my opinion
    Shaketa123

Answer by Shaketa123 at 1:05 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• if you look at it in the sense that every thing is always "dying" then yes. im dying...i dunno when and it may not be for 50+ years, but with every breath im getting closer to it. the world will end when our sun burns out and that has a future date of millennia from now. and if we dont take care of the planet then it may come much sooner than that.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:06 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• Entropy is a natural process in the universe and part of a larger cycle. Millions of planets "die" every day. You can quibble over whether or not humans are making it happen faster than it would have without humans, but the reality is NOBODY who whines about the environment is actually willing to take all the necessary steps to reverse that damage - if they were, they wouldn't have internet access, because they'd be living off the grid. They're more interested in everyone else seeing how concerned they are about the environment.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:07 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I'm not just talking about the environment NP. It's a very loaded statement.
    uwmilf

Comment by uwmilf (original poster) at 1:09 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• It's a very loaded statement.

And entropy still applies. This planet was destined to die the moment the first specks of dust accreted.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:11 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• Can you explain a bit more about what you mean by your assertion that the world is dying? It is, yes, but it's also living at this point, which seems more important to me.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:45 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• "North Korea thing I mean really their missiles can't even get to Hawaii but the world is just out of order in my opinion.." Yes they can...I mean if the far fetched theory that the US will miss the launch off of NK soil and hit the Islands. But NK can also reach parts of Alaska.

But for your question OP, I agree its a loaded statement..and I do believe the answer is here about saving the earth...its worth watching I promise you! It will make you laugh and cry..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W33HRc1A6c

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:17 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• There is no "death" in nature,only return to it's most basic elements. Energy changes form,it does not disappear

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:10 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• the world has been dying since the day it was created. nothing lasts forever
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:06 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• It depends on what you mean. If you mean civilization as we know it. Yes I agree. If you mean People, yes

If you mean the physical planet, yes.

However. Civilizations and their culture and moral codes tend to run a cycle. So dying does not necesarily mean to the death because things can be turned around and go in the opposite direction.
    The physical planet has taken some hits and the more it sustains the more damaged it will become and the harder it would be to restore it to a healthy world. Much of that would take place with the removal of a good portion of the entire population of humans all over the world. This is accomplished most effectively by war and desease and defect.

People are dying every day. It is nothing new. If you are talking about more people than normal dying, my guess would be no at least not at this time. Percentage wise I would guess we are right about at what has been normal for years
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:24 AM on Apr. 11, 2013