• In the Spotlight:

nurse confused me....

my baby was born at 38 weeks i was induced. Baby made a BM inside before she was born the nurse said it was common but more for women overdue 2-3 weeks...is it possible my date was wrong and i was further then i thought baby was 7lbs 14 oz healthy as can be.

mocamomma22

Asked by mocamomma22 at 8:21 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it is possible your date was wrong. but its also possible that you were a part of the small percentage of women that this happens to before their due date. All that matters is you have a healthy baby and CONGRATULATIONS!
    xburtonchickx

Answer by xburtonchickx at 8:24 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• When babies are stressed they tend to bear down and produce a BM ,inducing can be very stressful on the baby.

Trini

Answer by Trini at 8:27 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i was glad i was induced it went very fast and her cord was wrapped 2x around her neck. But she was okay.
    mocamomma22

Answer by mocamomma22 at 8:29 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• More than likely she was stressed with the cord around her and contractions.Congratulations and it's good you were induced ...

Trini

Answer by Trini at 8:54 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• not sure my LO didnt do that BUT my DD was also born at 28 weeks and was 7lbs 14 oz! how cool, they were the same size
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 8:57 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• it's just more common to happen in infants that are overdue. But it can happen earlier due to stress... or just because!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:08 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• my baby did the same thing and she was born 5 days late from induction as well but she was only 6lbs 3oz when she was born so i think my due date was actually later then the doctors thought
    KeagansMom08

Answer by KeagansMom08 at 9:11 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• no, sonos are very precise on the measurements of the fetus and determining the due date. Its just a more common occurance in post-term pregnancies
    nsteinerlpn

Answer by nsteinerlpn at 9:15 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Did she have the BM prior to the induction? A lot of babies endure stress from a forced labor, it could be from that.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• My oldest was born a week before her due date and she had a bowel movement as well. She was born so quick, she didn't have any problems. She was 6lbs 10oz and 18 1/2in!!
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 10:51 PM on Feb. 16, 2009