Was anyone disappointed when they found out they were having a second boy.

I have a beautiful 17 month old baby boy. I am now pregnant with baby #2 and found out it is a boy. I am so disappointed and have cried over this. I feel awful for feeling this way but I truly wanted a girl and believed this baby was one. Any advice on how to cope with this would be helpful. Of course I am grateful that I can have children and that this baby is healthy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think time will help you overcome your sadness. And I DO understand. When
    I was preggers with my second I desperatly wanted a girl, I know that I would have felt the same way you did. Mine turned out to be a girl though.

I think its normal. Dont feel ashamed. Give yourself time to get use to the idea of two boys and you may come to love it even more than a boy and a girl. Just think they will have a brother to dig in the dirt with!!! GREAT!

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:31 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I have 6 boys. I had always wanted 3 boys first and my husband wanted 4 or 5 i think. Then i wanted 2 girls and my husband wanted 3. Because we both came from small families. We adopted Jaden but we had a choice but we saw him first and fell in love even though we were'nt looking to adopt. I think that what is ment to be will be. And you will have what you want one day. Im hoping i'll have a girl.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 8:36 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i was upset when i found out i was having a boy with my son amir and now im upset knowing thatr im having another boy (this is the 5th lol) ive been trying to have a girl since my second boy came along lol- all i know though is that once u see that child all that disappointment vanishes- and u know that u wouldnt have had it any other way- i know it sounds corny but thats how i felt
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 8:47 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i was upset when i found out i was having my 2nd boy.i cryed.im 24 weeks and i found out im having my 3rd boy.i was kinda happy but also cryed a little.once the baby is born u will feel better.
    Anonymous

• I was a bit unnerved when I found out my second was going to be another girl. I really wanted a boy, but shes great and it all turned out fine. My 3rd and 4th are boys.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:09 AM on Feb. 17, 2009