Child abuse or not? edited

a dad caught his daughters twerking and whoostped them for it.. IMO i think he did a bit too much and i think this is child abuse.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=582260038464708&set=vb.106690846021632&type=2&theater

HERES twerkin <click

the dad got charged <click

chrstny88

Asked by chrstny88 at 7:45 AM on Apr. 11, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• WTF. I don't see how any of what he did to those girls can be seen as effective parenting. I want to do the same to him now.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 9:04 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I want to know who the idiot is that was filming the whole thing and then put it on Facebook! They're just as guilty.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 9:08 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• OMG - of COURSE this is child abuse. For goodness sake, this is sheer brutality. My stomach lurched and my blood ran cold in the first couple of nanoseconds. I couldn't take more than that. I don't care WHAT they did - nothing merits this kind of abuse.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 9:29 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• At least in our state, if you use something other than your hand to smack your child, it is considered "abuse." But yeah, that's definitely abuse.

And what the heck is "twerking?"
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:17 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• It wasn't just for twerking though. They were on punishment already for sneaking out of the house & other things, then he walked in of that mess. Was it to far? Absolutely but I can bet you their asses won't be twerking again. Plus I have a issue with him telling them to bend over to recieve the whooping and they run like buttholes which probably pissed him off more. I know I ran once from my dad, I got tore up. I was no worse for wear and learned a valuable lesson.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 8:50 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• That was ABUSE!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:40 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• " we don't know the story behind this."

Uh... I don't care what the story was. This was fucking uncalled for.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 9:49 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I will play devil's advocate too. Why is it when the slaves were whipped, the slave owners were considered monsters, but when a black man whips his kids he's being a responsible parent? I don't think so. Whoever cracks the whip is the monster.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• While that "dance" is wildly inappropriate, his reaction was WAY over the top. Glad he got charged.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:14 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I just read the update- shouldn't the girls be in some kind of trouble too for posting that crap on the internet due to their ages? It's almost like child porn for Pete's sake. I think the whipping went too far, but so did they. They all deserved to be punished in some way.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 11, 2013