Child abuse or not? edited

a dad caught his daughters twerking and whoostped them for it.. IMO i think he did a bit too much and i think this is child abuse.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=582260038464708&set=vb.106690846021632&type=2&theater

HERES twerkin <click

the dad got charged <click

chrstny88

Asked by chrstny88 at 7:45 AM on Apr. 11, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• The answer to this is obvious
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:43 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I don't care what they were doing, that was abuse. That was absolutely horrible to watch, I wanted to throw up. And then to read the comments, all those people who think what he did was right. Absolutely disgusting.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Took the words right out of my mouth wendy!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:15 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I would love to do the same thing to this sick, twisted fuck, this guy needs a beat down for this. That is child abuse plain and simple. The people on there defending this asshole need their heads examined.
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 1:17 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• "a bit too much" are you kidding?! Of course that is abuse! I don't care what those girls did.....you do not "discipline" like that. How can you even question whether that's abuse or not after watching that....especially the girls' reaction? I can tell you from experience that getting whipped like that is extremely painful and totally unnecessary. All it does it terrify the hell out of you and traumatize you.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 8:01 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• did you read the comments? i couldnt believe how many people agreed with him. as much as i wouldnt want my children twerking i wouldnt beat them.
    chrstny88

Comment by chrstny88 (original poster) at 8:01 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• ok maybe not a bit too much but A LOT too much
    chrstny88

Comment by chrstny88 (original poster) at 8:02 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I spank my kids but that on the video wasn't spanking, that was abusive beating. Kids that age shouldn't be spanked anyway.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 8:33 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• And what the heck is "twerking?"
    Answer by AllAboutKeeley 36 minutes ago

^^^ I know- I had to look it up too. It's basically a sexual dance where you jiggle your butt- there's some You Tube videos but don't watch them with the kids near by.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:57 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• okay, i'm going to be the 'devils advocate' here, (after i agree that this dad was abusive and went to far) but:

1. it seems as though maybe he was set up by the girls?
    2. why would they post it on facebook? I'm sure they did not expect him to get support.
    3. why not take it to the police instead?
    4. we don't know the story behind this. maybe he went to far because he has caught the girls doing shit before? maybe they're wild girls who are going to end up pregnant or dead by their actions, and he lost it out of fear? honestly, we don't know that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• to most of us, yes. If you go read the comments on the video itself, or on the one of the dad being charged people agree with him.
    chrstny88

Comment by chrstny88 (original poster) at 10:50 AM on Apr. 11, 2013