Child abuse or not? edited

a dad caught his daughters twerking and whoostped them for it.. IMO i think he did a bit too much and i think this is child abuse.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=582260038464708&set=vb.106690846021632&type=2&theater

HERES twerkin <click

the dad got charged <click

chrstny88

Asked by chrstny88 at 7:45 AM on Apr. 11, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• While that dance move is inappropriate and I wouldn't want my dau doing it, that father went way overboard w/ his "discipline". He should be charged with child abuse. That was painful to watch :(

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:50 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• Yes he should be charged that was way too much in my opinion.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 7:58 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• "a bit too much" are you kidding?! Of course that is abuse! I don't care what those girls did.....you do not "discipline" like that. How can you even question whether that's abuse or not after watching that....especially the girls' reaction? I can tell you from experience that getting whipped like that is extremely painful and totally unnecessary. All it does it terrify the hell out of you and traumatize you.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 8:01 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• did you read the comments? i couldnt believe how many people agreed with him. as much as i wouldnt want my children twerking i wouldnt beat them.
    chrstny88

Comment by chrstny88 (original poster) at 8:01 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• ok maybe not a bit too much but A LOT too much
    chrstny88

Comment by chrstny88 (original poster) at 8:02 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I don't care what they were doing, that was abuse. That was absolutely horrible to watch, I wanted to throw up. And then to read the comments, all those people who think what he did was right. Absolutely disgusting.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:13 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• At least in our state, if you use something other than your hand to smack your child, it is considered "abuse." But yeah, that's definitely abuse.

And what the heck is "twerking?"
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:17 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I spank my kids but that on the video wasn't spanking, that was abusive beating. Kids that age shouldn't be spanked anyway.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 8:33 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• It wasn't just for twerking though. They were on punishment already for sneaking out of the house & other things, then he walked in of that mess. Was it to far? Absolutely but I can bet you their asses won't be twerking again. Plus I have a issue with him telling them to bend over to recieve the whooping and they run like buttholes which probably pissed him off more. I know I ran once from my dad, I got tore up. I was no worse for wear and learned a valuable lesson.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 8:50 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• And what the heck is "twerking?"
    Answer by AllAboutKeeley 36 minutes ago

^^^ I know- I had to look it up too. It's basically a sexual dance where you jiggle your butt- there's some You Tube videos but don't watch them with the kids near by.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:57 AM on Apr. 11, 2013