Child abuse or not? edited

a dad caught his daughters twerking and whoostped them for it.. IMO i think he did a bit too much and i think this is child abuse.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=582260038464708&set=vb.106690846021632&type=2&theater

HERES twerkin <click

the dad got charged <click

chrstny88

Asked by chrstny88 at 7:45 AM on Apr. 11, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• I didn't click on the links. It was enough to read the comments. If you leave "open wounds" on your kids, it's abuse. End of story. Anyone who doesn't think that man abused his girls , regardless of *anything* they happened to be doing, has never been a child who is in fear for what wil happen to her, stuck at the mercy of someone bigger and stronger than she is, bent on doing serious harm and out of control with anger. I've been there; it's the most helpless, powerless, terrifying feeling I've ever had and nobody should have to be victimized like that, period, no matter what he or she was caught in the middle of.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:21 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• That was horrible. I don't know what's wrong with people. I'm glad he was charged. Shameful.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:41 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• While that dance move is inappropriate and I wouldn't want my dau doing it, that father went way overboard w/ his "discipline". He should be charged with child abuse. That was painful to watch :(

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:50 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• Yes he should be charged that was way too much in my opinion.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 7:58 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I don't care what they were doing, that was abuse. That was absolutely horrible to watch, I wanted to throw up. And then to read the comments, all those people who think what he did was right. Absolutely disgusting.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:13 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• Aak, think about you being on top and bouncing on the hubbies fun stick. That's what twerking is.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:00 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• Bacon the girls were videotaping themselves, camera on laptop was still rolling.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:09 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I don't care if he caught them having sex online (although the legality of that would definitely be an issue), whipping them does not make the situation better. This doesn't look like it's his first rodeo. He is an abuser and has anger management problems. It's not normal to whip a child.

And because I'm super old I guess (very sad revelation today), I don't know what twerking was, but am getting a good idea of it from subsequent posts.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:57 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I don't need a story to know that if he was doing the same to anyone else for any reason or no reason that he would be arrested for assault. That's the only story I need to know.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:59 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I was really hoping this was another FAKE video posted but its not.. The family lives in Dayton OH and his court hearing for the abuse is April 16th... The girls were visiting dad that weekend and when they went home, mom noticed the marks and open wounds..

So sad..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:01 AM on Apr. 11, 2013