Vacationing close to due date?

Should I do this even though I'm pregnant and due Oct 19? Early bird sign up prices are really low, almost 1/2 of regular cost. This will be baby #6 and I'm expecting to deliver early. In past pregnancies, I have gone back to work as soon as 8 days later. So a retreat would be even more doable. 

You're invited to a shared Retreat with Congregations Beth Shalom & Etz Chaim

October 18-20, 2013

Join Rabbis Lewis & Zimmerman for a weekend of community!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Apr. 11, 2013 in Travel

• Are you saying that you are hoping to deliver early and take your baby with you? I hope you aren't saying that you are hoping to deliver early and since you will be expected to go back to work that you would rather abandon all six kids and take a vacation from your life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• Be guided by what your doctor says.

Answer by Bmat at 8:49 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• Only unless you have had your babies 2-3 weeks before EDD with no complications. You should know that every birth is different and comes with its own set of circumstances.

You could always speak with your doctor and find a hospital close by, just in case. My SIL did that when planning her son's bar mitzvah. It was around her EDD and they picked a destination (they live in Israel anyway) with a hospital that they liked.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:55 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• So you plan on going on vacation a week or 2 after you plan on delivering,or are you hoping to deliver right after you get back?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:00 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• Personally, I REALLY wouldn't take the chance...
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 9:15 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I would plan on NOT going.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:25 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I wouldn't and I am sure your OB would say the same thing.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:50 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I hope that you are planning on delivering in the middle of the conferrence, and that they have OBs standing by.
    What on earth could be so important in tis conferrence?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:34 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• Personally, I wouldn't, but then again I only have two kids and wouldn't be as comfortable predicting my labor being early. I am guessing that you would plan on travelling with your infant, and their little systems are so fragile when they are that young that I wouldn't want to risk the baby's health.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:46 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• See how you feel.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:07 AM on Apr. 11, 2013