Gee,thanks for making me feel about an inch high,Mom

She and I were discussing what the last words my grandma uttered to me about 6 months before she died,"wow,you sure are FAT!"
She tells me,oh she didn't mean it,but just before that she was praising her other 2 granddaughters,telling them how beautiful they were,how proud she was.
I told my mom,whatever,she was a mean old bitch to me my whole life,and that I wasn't going to let her get to me. That I had confidence that I was a beautiful woman.
My mom looked at me with this "are you kidding?" face
I say what,you don't think i'm beautiful? She stammers, "well......I think both my girls are pretty..."
Well,I'm soooo sorry that I'm not 100 lbs with bleached blonde hair and have a year round tan or something.
I could have a horn growing out of my forehead and have 1 eye and my mom should tell me i'm the most beautiful daughter in the world.
And people wonder why girls have such body issues. Apparently if you don't fit into this impossible mold,the world looks at you like you're nothing.
I just never expected to have my mom see me this way...

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 11, 2013 in Relationships

• I'm fat and have no issues with it. You're only as good as you feel about yourself. Plus fuck your mom, she does nothing but hurt you. I'd be rethinking my relationship with her tbh.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:35 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I'm sorry.

I think you are fabulous.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:26 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• Beauty of the skin/face fades with time.

Beauty of the heart grows and blossoms with time. You will ALWAYS be beautiful.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:30 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• Gee, sounds like my mom and now dead Grandma... Makes you feel all pretty and confident, doesn't it?! Ugh...
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 11:33 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I am so sorry you mom made you feel that bad. Just remember you are as beautiful as you feel dont let her put you down. Hugs.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 11:41 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I see what you are saying but I am Not a person who grew up with the idea that lying to your children was the right thing to do.
    Iwas the prettier phsicxall of the two in the face but she was prettier in her dress ad the care she took with herself. She was note perfect in her pianoplaying but could not sing worth a darn etc.

My sister would ask do you think I am beautiful. My mother would say yes, my father would say no not in the classic sence but you are pretty in spirit and you bring a peace and calm whereever you go. You are a lovely girl and I am proud of you.

If I asked my mother would say no you are not you should at least try to make more of yourself. My father would say no you are notbut you have a quality that draws every eye to you when you enter a room. You ae graceful but charge the room with energy. You are a goodhearted person and atreasure.

Beauty is within and you are the one who has to know
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:46 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• Blue, we can't ever give anybody else the power to make us feel "about an inch high." As Dardenella stated, true beauty lies on the inside of us. It is in the hidden person of our hearts and the only two people who can see it our God and ourselves. As close as you may be to a spouse or a parent or a sibling, they can only see hints of our inner beauty if they are truly looking for it through eyes of love. Sad to say, but most people totally lack the ability to do that. So, I hope you will be able to let those kinds of comment roll off you like water off a duck's back and that you will be able to do so with a smile on your face. For sure, don't let anybody make you feel small or ugly: That's giving them way too much power!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:57 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• Yeah, that's just sheer stupidity IMO. I'm sorry. In this world, you need only make yourself happy! Do what you feel and what makes you happy and that's all there is to life! I lived my life like that when I was older with tons of cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. Everyone labels you in families such as that. That's why I moved. I've been happier every since. Hugs to you.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:58 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• sorry, I meant when I was younger.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:59 AM on Apr. 11, 2013

• My mother is the same way. Everything with both of my parents have to do with weight. If you are overweight, you are obviously miserable about yourself and your life, you don't care about anyone, you are angry, you are a drain on society. I hadn't talked to my mother in months and finally call her to try to talk things out and within the first five things she asks about my daughter is "Is she overweight? I mean, is she chunky?"

Really, mom? Really? And what makes it even worse is I have no doubt that she would feel differently about her if she was a heavy child. Makes me sick.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:08 PM on Apr. 11, 2013