Okay lets say you know someone?

for about 4 years & finally the two of you have sex , you're not in a relationship & dont plan on taking it to that level-you're just friends . What is usually the fall-out of this kind of situation? Are you ever just able to go back to being just friends?
Do you call or e-mail & just act casual & not even bring it up or is not bringing it up even more awkward?

heimikkat

Asked by heimikkat at 8:28 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• I've never lost a friendship because of that but we both didn't have any desire for anything more than friendship either. It gets messed up when one wants more than friendship after.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 11:09 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I had this situation happen more than once (God that sounds bad) and it has always turned out for the best. We were able to go back to being friends without skipping a beat.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 8:31 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• you can be friends. happend here. many years ago one weekend. it was great lol. but were still friends and were both married. and our better halfs are friends also. so it can happen good luck..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:32 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Lets just say that I knew someone for 11 years and we happened to finally have sex w/o a relationship, and for the first couple of years we had what I thought to be a normal friendship, until he professed his never ending love to me and desire to be together when he knew I had a boyfriend, and when I very gently turned him down he seemed to take it well, but we have after all of this time gone our own ways and have not talked in almost 3 years.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:32 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I would feel uncomfortable, but that's just me...I am very self-conscious.
    Anonymous

• This sounds horrible, but I'm not exactly a virgin and I have had sex with most of my male friends and I would probably feel more awkward if there was all that sexual tension between us. Of course knowing that my male friends have been in my pants makes it a little awkward for my SO to hang out with us. I definitely think you can have a friendship after sex.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I never could go back to being just friends. It sort of ruined it for me. I lost a couple of good friends that way.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:24 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Messed it up.Especially when you know they are taken too. No good after that.
    Anonymous

• I think you can kiss your friendship goodbye.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 10:01 PM on Feb. 16, 2009