Disney Vacation

Any Advice Leave It.

mommyuphold

Asked by mommyuphold at 8:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Travel

• Make a plan to what you want to see and on which days. Buy a couple guide books so you can read what you'd enjoy and the best days to see it. Make dinner reservations ahead if it matters to you where you eat. Plan on taking a break in the hottest part of the day.

Answer by Bmat at 8:52 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• getthe book. an unoffical guide to disney, I borrowed mine from the library, go during the off season if possible, stay on site! share food, large portions and who wants leftovers . check out www.allearsnet.com and learn as much as possible before you go! I would also try and plan on stying 4+ days depending on your childrens ages. and ya really gotta love that mouse!! It is very intense, but an awesome experience!! the people that work there are the nicest in the worrld and it is very clean!!!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:45 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I just returned from checking out some of the new things that opened at Disney World. A book I highly recommend is Walt Disney World with Kids 2009. It is a great resource for families with kids of all ages.

New attraction: The Kim Possible Adventure - My ten year old daughter LOVED this new Epcot offering, where you choose a secret agent name and you're given an interactive phone to complete a mission, which takes you around the World Showcase and is full of cool surprises along the way.

CajunMama2

Answer by CajunMama2 at 1:19 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• A good stroller that has alittle bit of storage, some small snacks (not too many, they don't like that) bottle of water & plan ahead if you want to see any of the shows do it during the hotter part of the day if you don't plan to leave the park its a great way to take a break & relax.
    danielle808

Answer by danielle808 at 1:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• We are going in October! I am so excited! Check out Disney.com in the parks section and they have ALL kinds of planning tools from resorts to itineraries Ride list by age and what restaurants are in the parks! They have some great tips to! How old are your kids gonna be for the trip? Mine will be 2 and 5.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:35 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Also look into the modest/budget resorts with the dinning packages it cost just about as much as a middle of the road hotel off premises. If in the resort then all of your park to park and park to room travel is covered by buses that run constantly. The dinning packages can save you a lot of $ in the long run to. we went wit the Dinning plus Package. Check it out!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:38 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• If you've staying on property and added the DDP(Disney Dining Plan) and are coming up on your 90 day window make sure you have all of your ADR's planned where you want to eat. I would advise you figure out what parks your gonna be at on what days to help maximize your DDP. Book any character meals first, they tend to fill up fast. Also, don't forget that there are tons of dining selections outside of the parks too; resorts and DTD(Downtown Disney) to name a few. Don't forget to plan a non-park day or two into your stay, especially if you have little ones. Fill those days up with sleeping in late, relaxing at the pool, visiting other resorts and taking advantage of lots of free activities Disney offers.

Have your kids silhouetts done; it's something you can keep as a memento to remind you of the trip. We have our girls done at DTD and the woman who does it is awesome! Have fun.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:47 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• If you have any other question feel free to drop me a line. My family will be there in May and this will be my 26th time going to Disney so I should be able to help you out or at least point you in the right direction.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:48 AM on Feb. 24, 2009