Whole chicken crockpot recipie

what are some of your favorite recipes for whole chicken in a crockpot? and also does it have to be thawed when i put it in the crockpot or can it be frozen thanks for any ideas!

firsttimemom733

Asked by firsttimemom733 at 4:10 PM on Apr. 11, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Yes, you can do that. Find out how here:http://www.ehow.com/how_5768608_cook-frozen-chicken-crock-pot.html
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:18 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• thank you NannyB:)
    firsttimemom733

Comment by firsttimemom733 (original poster) at 4:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I would feel more comfortable thawing the chicken and then cooking it in the crockpot. First of all, the meat will get to a safe temperature more quickly. Secondly, if it's frozen whole, the chicken likely still has the innards tucked into the middle, wrapped in paper. Those are hard to remove if the bird is isn't thawed.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:32 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I wouldn't do it frozen. I don't feel comfortable with that at all, and like Ballad said the guts are all up in there after cooking, and the bird can't be properly cleaned.

My favorite way is to make a few foil balls for the chicken to 'sit' on in the pot, douse the skin liberally with Season-All, and cook it on HIGH for 4-4.5 hours. A lower temp will just make for very soggy skin.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:44 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• thank you ladies
    firsttimemom733

Comment by firsttimemom733 (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• Yeah, I dont do frozen chicken in the crock pot. It makes me nervous about food poisoning. I put my thawed chicken in, throw in some potatoes and carrots, onions, celery, and pour some onion soup mix dissolved in about 1/2 to 1 cup chicken broth. Cook it on high for about 4 hours. Its yummy!!!
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 5:19 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• Whole chicken, a little water 1/2 cup, onions, garlic, mushrooms carrots.

Answer by louise2 at 8:11 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I do frozen whole chicken all the time in the crock pot.. We have never gotten sick from it. 

Answer by louise2 at 8:13 PM on Apr. 11, 2013