Do you think this is gross?

I have a gallon pitcher and use it everyday for instant iced tea but it seems to me after dinner I have to make more...ugh!

I have this other container that is 14 lbs. (it is a kitty litter container) but it looks like a big container for tea at least... I was wondering if I washed & rinsed it really well and make lots of iced tea would that be gross that way plenty will be there and I don't have to make as much every single day.

Just thinking about it not too sure...yet

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Apr. 11, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I don't know. I suppose if you washed it really thoroughly, maybe put some bleach or chlorine in it, rinsed it well....maybe. But I think for me, the idea of drinking something that came out of a kitty litter container...I don't know if I could do it. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 4:16 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I would explore different container possibilities if possible.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:17 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• Kitty litter is just clay. While it may be a bit distasteful to think about it being a kitty litter container... It is just a plastic container. It isn't like you are using a dirty litter pan. It is just a plastic tub. And it only had clay in it. Not a big deal. I am not sure I would use it because I am not sure i could get passed the idea of it. If it doesn't bother you, then it is safe.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• If you were making tea in the cat box, that would be gross. But it's just a plastic jug. Wash it well or put it in the top of your dishwasher if it fits, it'll be fine. If it grosses you out, consider covering the jug with pretty contact paper or something so you can't see that it used to hold kitty litter.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:29 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• There's nothing particularly bad about kitty litter, as long as it hasn't been used. That said, I think I'd look for a different container, because the association would bother me.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:39 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I would find it really gross just for the simple fact that it's not food grade plastic. Seems like a bad idea.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:52 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• That is gross....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:43 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• i would find another container because I would always know it was a cat litter container.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 6:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I think if you wash it REALLY well with hot soapy water and a bit of bleach you'll be fine.....but yes I still find it gross!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 6:41 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• Yeah, that sounds really gross.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:42 PM on Apr. 11, 2013