I have salmon fillets in my freezer

i've never made salmmon before,i've had it which i love it just dont know how to make it or what kind of recipies, can you ladies give me some ideas

firsttimemom733

Asked by firsttimemom733 at 4:53 PM on Apr. 11, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Id google some different recipes so you get it exactly right your first time. I love baked salmon with lemon and Ive done it enough I just know how to fix it depending on the size of the filets... but I think it takes some practice. So google baked salmon recipes, or grilled salmon recipes.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 5:16 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I like it grilled but you could bake it as well.

My preferred salmon recipe is to melt butter, add some fresh squeezed lemon, minced garlic and dill and drizzle over the top of the fish. Grill or bake it until it flakes at the thickest part of the fillet. I usually put some salt and pepper on it as well and serve it with rice or roasted or sauted vegetables with a wedge of lemon to squeeze on the fish for extra flavor.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:21 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• For something different I marinate salmon in a mix of pineapple juice ,diced garlic and reduced sodium soy sauce.Enough for the juice to turn an ugly murkey brownish color.I put it in a ziplock bag and turn it a couple of times overnight or at least 3 or 4 hours.I grill it inside or outside ,I bake it or saute it.I serve it with some mild pico mixed with pineapple on rice with broccoli.I like to serve it to guests since it is soooo easy.I always get asked for the recipe..

drfink

Answer by drfink at 6:52 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• Season it with lemon pepper, old bay, lemon zest, salt, pepper and paprika. Bake it about 20 minutes.

Leftovers can be used to make salmon patties.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 7:40 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• Defrost the salmon. Then sprikle it with olive il and salt and pepper. Wrap it intin foil then cook it on 400 for a half an hour. should come out great. Make a saled and some rolls

Answer by louise2 at 7:58 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I like salmon with a dill glaze.

1/2 cup sour cream
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
    1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    4 salmon fillets (about 1-1/2 pounds)

Preheat broiler. In small bowl, combine sour cream, dill, horseradish, and salt. Stir till blended.

Line broiler tray with foil. Arrange fillets on foil, folding any thin ends under. Broil 4 minutes.

Spread two tablespoons dill mixture over each fillet. Broil 2 to 3 minutes more, till topping is golden around the edges.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:24 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• The simple salt, pepper and butter recipe is a classic. However, the easiest one for me tends to be the Soy Ginger Glaze. Chop a 1/2 inch nob of fresh ginger up in tiny pieces or grate it to get about 1 tsp/tbsp. Mix it in with 1-2 tbsp. soy sauce and 1 tsp. of honey. Once the fish is defrosted, pour the marinade sauce over the fish in a bowl, making sure every piece has some sauce on it. Heat a nonstick pan on High. Add 2 tbsp. of regular sugar to the pain and 1 tbsp. of butter (doesn't matter if it's salted or not). Allow the sugar to heat until liquid and only slightly brown. Then, add the marinated salmon to the pan, reduce the heat to medium-high, cook each side of each salmon for about 4 mins. Be sure to get the caramelized glaze on each side. Check to see if the fish is completely cooked. If it looks a bit clear and fleshy in the middle, it needs to cook more. Sprinkle with chopped green onions.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 12:15 AM on Apr. 12, 2013

• I only made salmon the other night, so I thought I'd share with you a pic of what it should look like, except I didn't put chopped green onions on it this time. You can also cook this recipe in the oven using the broiler for about 4 mins each side, flipping the fish to cook, but I prefer the pan method to get the caramelized glaze.  Use less soy sauce if you're only making a few pieces of salmon or want less sodium.

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 12:19 AM on Apr. 12, 2013