If the government takes our rights to have bare arms away from us. Will that make us safer?

Asked by louise2 at 8:08 PM on Apr. 11, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• It takes people behind guns to kill people. Criminals will get their guns one way or another. The laws will just make it harder for folks like us to get them that need them just for protection.

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 9:02 AM on Apr. 12, 2013

• NO! It just means the only ones with guns will be the criminals....

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:16 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

•  Nope- ain't gonna happen

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:25 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• No. Taking this right away from law abiding citizens will not make me safer. Criminals will not turn in their guns, nor do they care about breaking laws against illegally possessing a firearm. Safety is an illusion.

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:49 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• If the government takes our rights to have bare arms away from us. Will that make us safer?

bare arms?

Answer by feralxat at 8:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• No. It may further the illusion of safety for some people, but an unarmed society is a vulnerable society.

Answer by Ballad at 10:10 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• Hell no.. the "bad" people will still find a way to get guns and while they aim one at us we have nothing to aim back

Answer by chrstny88 at 12:20 AM on Apr. 12, 2013

• No but I think that it's way too easy to get guns (everyone here is crazy about the gun shows, and I once saw someone I went to HS with sell their gun on FB) and we do have a ridiculous amount of gun violence.

Something I've never heard before but I thought was really sad is that like 3 out if 5 people who die from gunshot wounds took their own lives, and that your risk of suicide goes up just by simply having a gun in the house.
    I can't make it clicky but I love this article. It's just for fun but it really does make you think! Lol

Answer by Hollyhock. at 8:35 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• no

Answer by Dardenella at 11:13 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• Make us safer?? Hell no....
    The bad guys will think of something else to kill people with. IED's, knives such as the switchblade, gravity knife, ballistic knife, stiletto, sword, dagger, blackjack, brass knuckles, nunchucks , shuriken or the Chinese throwing stars. Some of those are pretty out there in terms of killing folks with them. But in countries that outlawed any type of firearm, this is what some people have turned to inflict serious injury, or kill them.

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:40 AM on Apr. 12, 2013