My son always has grey circles under his eyes. What can I do to make them better?

His dad has them too, so I guess they were passed down. And I have tried giving him vitamins with Iron.

Any other ideas?

What causes them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Kids' Health

• My sister was like this! My mother did the same as you, vitamins with iron. Maturation solved the problem, but I would talk to the Dr.
    Anonymous

• Does he have allergies? Somtimes people with allergies have this problem.
    GraciesMommy25

Answer by GraciesMommy25 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Depends on what is causing them. If it is allergies, stress or lack of sleep, those things can be treated, but if your child has fair skin, then there really isn't anything you can do about it because it is just his blood vessels showing through. The skin under the eyes is very thin, so if your skin is fair, then the blood vessels show, but when you have a darker toned skin shade, they don't show.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:35 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Plenty of water and a diet high in fruits and greens will help immensely.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 10:07 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I would pick a best answer but they are ALL good! THANK YOU! You guys gave me a lot of ideas. And yes, he IS fair skinned.
    Anonymous

• This sounds like it's genetic in your son's case, there really isn't much you can do. My whole family has this same issue. It's just thin skin around the eyes.
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 3:44 AM on Feb. 19, 2009