What would you do if the camera was on you?

At work, my boss pulled us employees into her office individually to reveal to us that she has been watching us on camera.

The way my boss went about it was kind of weird. She flipped her laptop around & showed us a live feed of the work area.

None of us were doing anything wrong & we were not in trouble, but we all found it odd & ridiculous.

She said that she did not want us sitting around. None of us purposely sit around doing nothing. Sometimes we have to sit around to wait on our items, call for information, etc. We spend most of our time running. It's like she doesn't understand our jobs. She banished us to another office when we don't have any official business in the other area. But we are in there to help a couple of the other employees with things. We try to explain things to her, but it's like she doesn't get it.

She'll watch the camera & wait for us to come around the corner & stops us to ask us things, etc. I feel like I'm being watched all the time or that we're not trusted.

What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Apr. 11, 2013 in Money & Work

• I'd start scratching my ass and picking my nose in front of the camera a lot... while I was looking for another job!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:21 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I'd be looking for another job

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:21 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• sidesplittinglaughter^^^^^LOL Crafty!  Yeah, might as well entertain the broad while you're looking at the want ads. lol :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:24 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• Ugh, I usually hide.

We have security cameras up at all our stores. You'd be surprised what we found!!! LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:33 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I would probably keep doing my job and look for a better one in the mean time. Honestly, I feel like nothing we do anymore is private so I wold sort of assume that I had cameras on me in a workplace.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:43 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I would constantly wave at the camera & pose "strike a pose"!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:18 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• I guess it would depend on how badly I needed the job. I might start putting my ear to the ground in search of something better.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:03 PM on Apr. 11, 2013

• Talk about micro management! So she is just paid to sit there and watch you? How about she actually lead you? I would look for another job fast. When she's gone for the day, someone should spray paint her camera lens. It sounds like even if you did things perfectly, she'd have a problem, so why waste the effort? Maybe someone should slip and fall in front of the camera and claim worker's comp LOL
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 2:24 AM on Apr. 12, 2013

• it wouldnt bother me, most places have security cameras nowadays. i was under constant supervision when i worked in the infant room at a daycare last year, didnt bother me at all. i didnt really even notice they were there and honestly, it doesnt just protect the babies but the employees as well. but i can see your frustration at her constantly questioning everyone about what they're doing. that would irk me too.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:40 AM on Apr. 12, 2013