Brand new computer's fan has begun to run when I'm on the internet (like now). Any ideas?

I've had it a month, nice pc, Samsung, Intel i7 blah, blah...

I did transfer to the new one, my iTunes and documents from my old, crashed laptop via what I'd saved on an external hard drive. Any ideas why this fan won't shut up?

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 12:17 AM on Apr. 12, 2013 in Technology

• Some computers just run hot, unfortunately. If it bugs you, you can buy stands for them that have much quieter fans, & plug into a USB port.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 12:24 AM on Apr. 12, 2013

• Intel i7 processor runs hot. It's not really meant to be in a laptop, it's too hot. I recommend a lap mount cooling fan. I got one for my hubby for his birthday (has a computer without the i7), and he LOVES it. It's a lap stand with a cooling fan in the bottom. It plugs into a USB port on his laptop. I got it for about $15 at walmart.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:44 AM on Apr. 12, 2013

• Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:46 AM on Apr. 12, 2013

• Using it long-term will make it run hotter. Be sure to use a laptop cooling stand if it is a laptop. They need ventilation below them or they will get so hot that the hard drive gets corrupted (happened to me). Reduce your monitor brightness so that it's not too much of an energy drain and adjust your power scheme settings to a conservative one (go into your screensaver settings and the power scheme settings is in there). Never use the laptop without a cooling stand under it for too long.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 12:55 AM on Apr. 12, 2013

• My fan runs all the time, make sure you shut it down when you get off.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 9:46 AM on Apr. 12, 2013

• My fan runs off & on too.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:21 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• If you're running flash it can turn on- videos, playing a game, have a lot of windows open, etc.

PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:20 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• You girls are awesome, thank you!!!!
    jeanclaudia

Comment by jeanclaudia (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Apr. 12, 2013