Do you have problem to make your ten months old baby eat ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 AM on Apr. 12, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It can take several tries before a baby accepts a new food. Introduce foods one at a time and have meal time be a social, happy, experience. He/she can be offered any soft table food you are eating and he/she shows an interest in.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:59 AM on Apr. 12, 2013

• Thank You for your answer but we've tried everything, he does not like to eat and even drink his milk. So I'll be interested if somebody has/had the same experience as me and would like to share.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:06 AM on Apr. 12, 2013

• I suggest you do whatever you can to respond to your baby's signals (even when you don't like what he is signaling, such as disinterest in eating or unwillingness to eat) rather than thinking in terms of "making" him eat or "getting him" to eat.
    Whatever situation you have, moving in this direction can create the space for the dynamic to correct & get in better balance.
    Your job is to offer him food, and you choose what you offer & when. Leave the rest (of whether he eats, and how much he eats) to him.
    If his refusal to eat simply is the manifestation of him pushing back against being pushed, or pressured to eat, then removing that pressure (and this means you will have to take care of the big feelings you probably have around this issue, so that you aren't acting out those feelings) is the most positive thing you can do. Think of it as a signal--behavior that tells you something is out of whack for him, and he's REACTING.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 8:31 AM on Apr. 12, 2013

• My 9 month old eats everything. no matter what it is. Have you tried to mix baby food with rice? or putting formula, rice and the baby food in a bottle?
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 8:59 AM on Apr. 12, 2013

• I hope someone with a similar situation answers, but keep in mind babies do not really need to be having any solid food before a year old. Breastmilk or formula is all they need up to one year. Then offer any soft, healthy, food you are eating. Good luck and best wishes.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 9:26 AM on Apr. 12, 2013

• No, my 10 month old eats every thing I put in front of him. He breastfeeds at his 3 nap time and at bedtime, but other than that he eats. He eats for dinner whatever the rest of us are having.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:56 AM on Apr. 12, 2013

• It's not at all unusual, actually. And it's OK. Solids in year one are for experimentation. While they should always be nutritious, they are NOT a major source of nutrition for your baby. Formula or breastmilk is the main meal. Your child could never eat ONE BITE of solids in year one but be better nourished than his agemate he gets three meals of solids a day.

Is he making milestones? Wetting/pooping the appropriate number of dipes (4-5 a day)? Gaining weight (look for triple birth weight by the first birthday).

Answer by gdiamante at 1:07 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• The only thing I can offer is to ask your doctor if he is thriving. If he isn't, and he's losing weight, then you may want to partner with the doctor to find out how to entice him to eat, or to find out if he is another problem (upset tummy, etc.) When my son was under one year old and trying food, he wouldn't eat various things. Just remember, when he is 18, he will eat a lot of stuff and be fine! (I used this thought process about a lot of things--he won't be wetting the bed at 18, he will be walking, etc., etc.)
    WiseOlderMom

Answer by WiseOlderMom at 10:27 AM on Apr. 21, 2013