Blocking FB Page

Is it possible to block an organization page on Facebook? I have a friend that keeps sharing "controversial" pictures from a organization page that I am so sick of seeing. I like the person and I don't want to block all her updates from showing up on my FB home page, but I don't want to see anything from this page anymore.

I went into the "block" page and you can block people, apps, and invites, but seemingly not pages. I see nothing on the organization's page that allows me to "block." Although I can individually remove the posts by clicking the "X" in the top right corner, I see nothing on the posts themselves that gives me the option to "block." I've done a search on FB's Help page and nothing that shows up tells me how to do it...or tells me that I can't do it, which gives me hope that it can be done.

Hoping that there's a way to do it that I'm just not seeing...

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 8:54 AM on Apr. 12, 2013 in Technology

• Nope you can't block pages.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:22 AM on Apr. 12, 2013

• Just block her news feed from coming on your page, then if you want to know what she is up to, you can visit her wall.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 9:44 AM on Apr. 12, 2013

• Nope, your only option is to hide each individual post you don't want to see or to hide her from your newsfeed and go to her wall when you want to read her updates.

Actually, scratch that. I just found, if you go to the menu on the left when you're on your newsfeed, hover over the word "newsfeed" and you'll see the little pen come up that indicates you can edit. If you click edit, it will let you edit your settings, and it explains the various things you can do. One thing is to change what updates you see, or what I just tried, was hiding a story from a friend, and when I did, it then gave me the option to mark him as an acquaintance, which would have changed what I saw from him.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:00 AM on Apr. 12, 2013

• "Actually, scratch that. I just found, if you go to the menu on the left when you're on your newsfeed, hover over the word "newsfeed" and you'll see the little pen come up that indicates you can edit. If you click edit, it will let you edit your settings, and it explains the various things you can do. One thing is to change what updates you see, or what I just tried, was hiding a story from a friend, and when I did, it then gave me the option to mark him as an acquaintance, which would have changed what I saw from him. " ^^^ wendy

You might have to clear your cache and restart to get those feeds to go away. I do remember something like that from when I was getting foreign feeds. I was using a spanish first name...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:05 PM on Apr. 12, 2013