wut do u think?

have u heard about this 13 yr old boy getting a 15 yr old girl pregnant- now they baby has been born he has to be a dad before his voice even deepens- what do u think of this and wut would u do if ur son came home at 13 saying he got a girl pregnant or daughter came home saying she is pregnant?

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 8:38 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• First off my son is 13, (his voice deepened at age 11). I would say that there is a problem at home with the parents of the 13 year old boy, and the girl for a matter of fact. I start sex ed. early at home with my children. I have a daughter in college who is set to graduate this year. She, knows that a child now would stop her from accomplishing her dreams. She is waiting to have children until she is self sufficient and has a good career. At this point she says she may never marry or have children. (Things may change when the biological clock hits)

As for my son, He has been raised the same way. My children know they are going to college from a young age (I tell them), there is no question about it. Sex in our home, is taught to be something to be shared between two adults (preferrably married), when they are ready to be parents. Teaching at home a higher self respect, and good sex ed. at home (just in case) are the key.
    Anonymous

• doesnt suprise me this day and age
    Anonymous

• Adoption....They have no business raising this child. They simply aren't equipped to take care of her. Love doesn't raise kids. JMO.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:05 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i sorry but is adoption or abortion teaching these kids i am sorry but if they want to act like adults and lay down and have sex then i feel that they should now be adults and take care of that baby it is their baby not their parents child not anyone else but theirs parents wait too long before talking to kids now a days about sex and what may come from it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Very sad. Obvious to see there are serious common sense, (gene?) problems on both sides of the two familys. This kind of thing happens every day. Stupid just seems to breed stupid!
    Anonymous

• I think it's really sad that stuff like this happens. The parents of both teens need to be involved, and help their children in whatever decision they decide to make. If they keep the baby they will definitely need help, and if they put the baby up for adoption they will need help dealing with that and they need to figure out all the reasons why their kids thought it was OK for them to have sex so young in the first place. ONE thing I really don't understand though is why a lot of people seem so shocked. People say they are "So shocked.." and can't believe this happened. But when a 13 year old GIRL gets pregnant people say things like " She should have known better" or "It sucks, but this stuff happens". They have an OH WELL kind of attitude.

MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 3:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I could never blame the parents. Mistakes happen. What to do with the baby depends on the family. If that were to happen to me I guess I'd be raising another kid. I suffered an abortion Only Once and swore I'd never do it again. It was a horrible experience for me emotionally.
    Anonymous