What are your thoughts on the Gosnell Trial?

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/04/why-dr-kermit-gosnells-trial-should-be-a-front-page-story/274944/

There isn't much news on this unless you go looking for it.  Hard to find sources that everyone will like, so if you don't like the above source, feel free to google it yourself (if you are interested in the subject) and choose a source of your own liking and we can all compare.  

Anyhow, what are your thoughts on his crimes and what punishment do you think he deserves?  

*I will start out by saying that I consider myself pro-choice to a point, as I do not feel I have a right to tell someone else what to do with their bodies, however if a baby is born I think it is absolutely barbaric to cut it's spinal cord to ensure death on the infant.  

My personal opinion is that I don't even know if there is a worthy place in hell for this monster and I can't understand how the employees that are testifying could continue to work there after seeing such horrific things.  

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 11:05 AM on Apr. 12, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• He is a monster and should die a slow gruesome death!
    It sickens me, so I don't watch it.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:10 AM on Apr. 12, 2013

• I avoid coverage because it knots up my guts, it's so sick. It's a glimpse into some of the worst humanity has to offer.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:56 AM on Apr. 12, 2013

• ". I wish I could say I felt bad for the women, but...well, I don't. "wendythewrite
    Regardless of why those women went and had those abortions doesn't mean they deserve what happened to them. They did not deserve the treatment they got by that monster. The women did NOT deserve to die a horrible death. They did not deserve to lay on a gurney dying when all they had to was call an ambulance and take them to a proper hospital. They absolutely did NOT deserve to be left lying in place for hours and another woman dies.
    And none of this really reached any "big" media outlets. But by god you mention the word "GUN" OMFG watch out!! We got to control guns! Guns are the devils handy work! Guns kills kids!! Well I guess someone forgot to mention this article and the doctor who killed more babies then then Adam Lanza ever did. But do you see outrage about this? Nope, but maybe if this doctor had a gun permit...
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:42 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• It's not just him there more that are being investigated for the same type of practice. Shoot restaurants are held to a higher standard then Planned Parenthood. The lack of sterile instruments. The push to get as many abortions done in a day that that women are made to lay in the filth of the one before them. So they are being exposed to many sexual transmitted diseases.If you have a problem there isn't any after care so you have to go to the ER. Then there's the new call in chemical abortions. The doctor can be in the next state. give you the instructions. you take the pill, no before care or after care. Many of these babies are born alive in a toilet. When the mother freaks and asks for help for this tiny alive being they are told to leave it not to call 911. Women deserve better then abortion care. Plus the lie that BC works, most of these women are there because of the failure of BC. Whoops it failed, lets get rid of it
    daps

Answer by daps at 10:27 AM on Apr. 14, 2013

• That's awful. I feel bad for those babies. I wish I could say I felt bad for the women, but...well, I don't. They knew they were choosing to have illegal abortions, and I just can't manage to dredge up any sympathy for them. I'd also like to be able to say I feel bad for the people who worked in that clinic who are testifying about what they saw/did, but...well, I can't help but wonder why they never reported it. Why didn't they quit, report it to police or the health board or something? They want to talk about how horrible it was now, but why didn't they speak up for those babies before this?

I'm pro-choice - when done properly. Meaning when a woman exercises that right within the legal requirements, getting it done during the time frame that's considered legally acceptable. What this "doctor" did is just...there are no words.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:23 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• I can't finish reading the article it makes me sick to my stomach.
    marymargret

Answer by marymargret at 1:02 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• This man and anyone in his employment is as evil as Hitler. All throughout the article it was "fetuses," "fetal parts," I know that is the technical or medical term but I feel it causes a detachment from what this really is. This man murdered babies. Without being as graphic as the articles, this was a dirty clinic where he didn't even dispose properly of the babies. This whole scenario is why I am completely against abortion. Ironically this kind of butchering is why some are pro-choice, because they feel that if abortion is kept legal we can prevent these things. The mothers should face charges, too. Furthermore, before I'd commit such atrocities in the name of employment as the staff did at this reprehensible place, I'd rather die first. This whole trial is grossly under reported.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 1:19 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• Yes, but we hear so much that abortion is a right and that as long as a fetus isn't living and breathing on it's own that it's the mother's choice of whether to abort or not. So, assuming these patients of Gosnell chose to have a late term abortion, some so late that the babies could survive outside the womb, yet practically no coverage on the story. If this were the reverse and it was an abortion Dr. that was killed or injured by someone it would be all over the news, headlining every outlet. I don't understand why the lack of coverage of this story by media. They may not like the content and yes, it's gory. But it's still a story.

QuinnMae

Comment by QuinnMae (original poster) at 12:00 PM on Apr. 12, 2013