Ok, i just have to ask this:

how many of you are MEAN MOMMIES?

i don't mean bad mommies, i mean MEAN MOMMIES! the mommies who will tell their child NO YOU CAN'T HAVE THAT! at the stores?

i told my friend i was a MEAN MOMMY and she said i wasn't, that i was a very good mother. i'm sorry to say i laughed at her and told her that what my middle child always called me because my favorite word was NO! just wondering who else gets called that from time to time.

(my middle child is 8 and still calls me MEAN MOMMY!) LOL

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 1:40 PM on Apr. 12, 2013 in General Parenting

• I must be a horrible Mom then. My kids hear NO more than they hear YES.

Can I have candy before dinner?
    NO
    Can I have that junk food at the store?
    NO
    Can I have this really cheap toy that will break in 5 minutes?
    NO

The list of questions is endless. And I'm rotten enough to spank them in public or take their butts to the car when they're not acting right.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• I was called that, too, but believe me when I say the results have been so worth my meanness. And, now that they are all grown, each child has told me that he/she appreciates that I was strict and that they had boundaries and consequences for violating those. So keep up the good work!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• That would be me
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• mine don't call me that, but my dd isn't selfish, if I tell her she can't have something, she says "ok...maybe next time?" and I say "yeah maybe" she's a good kid. my ds never asks for stuff but then again, he's 3 and doesn't talk great
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:44 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• I've been called that a few times.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• According to my 6yr old I am mean because he does Not get something every time we go to the store and I tell him before we even go in that he is not getting a toy, and because he gets sent to time outs. Almost every time he goes to time out he says "you're mean". He even told his teacher I was mean for making him go to time out.
    I don't think I'm mean, but I'm not going to spoil my kids either.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• My husband usually gets told he is mean not me, but in reality I say no way more often then my husband(he is soft! lol). The deference is that I say no and then I distract or say give a reason(at times) like no, you can't have candy now you haven't had dinner etc. So my son doesn't see me as mean compared to my husband who just says no. lol But I have a very easy going boy so I am very lucky.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• my middle one picked it up from head start. her one classmate was always calling his mom something. i was happy when my oldest got out of the threes. she threw a temper because i said she couldn't have something and she got in trouble for it. after we got home i had a long talk to her about why she didn't get it.

the rule is: you don't act right you don't get anything! their ages are 11, 8 and 6 and they will ask me once for something and it's always we'll see. if they keep asking for it then it's NO! no matter what.
    noel1978

Comment by noel1978 (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• i'm just really glad to hear i'm not the only one who is called that.
    noel1978

Comment by noel1978 (original poster) at 2:04 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• I tell my kids no lots but they don't tell me I'm mean. They have said "I don't love you!" when they were mad, But never called me mean.

Answer by missanc at 2:22 PM on Apr. 12, 2013