Our emails are not secure from the IRS

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/11/irs-tells-agents-it-can-snoop-on-emails-without-warrant-internal-documents-show/?test=latestnews

Do you think your emails are private?

I have always known that  anything posted through the internet  is not "private"

I do think that ifan agncy is pursueing an invstigatin,t should have to go through the proper channels and obtain a warrant.

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 1:42 PM on Apr. 12, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I believe they should need a warrant to violate citizen's privacy, but I guess that whole 4th amendment thing isn't worth defending.

The documents, which were obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request by the American Civil Liberties Union, reveal that tax department agents have been operating under the assumption that they can bypass warrants. The ACLU claims this would in turn violate the Fourth Amendment. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• Our e-mails are definitely not private. And nothing is secure from the IRS.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:44 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• Saw this yesterday. It's not surprising. I think we'd all be shocked to learn what all that we believe is private and is in actuality fair game for anybody who wants to see it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:45 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• Well then I should email a bunch of people that I'm broke.... LOL
    I'm still doing taxes.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:50 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• IRS is a government agency, NOTHING is private from the government any more, if it ever was.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:04 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• I don't say/do anything that I would care if the government knew about, so really could care less....
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:04 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• I wonder how much tax payers had to pay for a committee to come up with this no-brainer?
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:52 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Nothing is ever private to our govt....

Answer by older at 9:14 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• I think it is but we all know that anything on the internet can be seen by anyone who wants to look hard enough.
    I do think that if theyy are going to persue an investigation that that is when they are violaing privacy.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 3:03 PM on Apr. 12, 2013