Making scars less visible?

I have a scar on my right forearm, about three inches long, from where I burned myself on a crockpot while reaching over it to unplug it from the wall. Careless and dumb, I know. The skin peeled and blistered pretty badly at the time. It's been a little over a year, and the scar is still quite noticeable even though the burn healed up eventually without any trouble. I'm wondering if there's a product out there that will fade the scar or at least lighten it up some. If not, no biggie, but I get a little tired of people asking me what happened when they see it.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 2:54 PM on Apr. 12, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• There's Mederma, there's Bio-oil, massaging those types of things in can reduce the scar (but do put sunblock on it, because scars have no melanin and they turn a very angry-looking pink very quickly in the sun.)
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• Mederma

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• The big thing is to protect it from exposure to the sun.
    There are a good many products on the market. you could just ask at your pharmacy and I bet they can direct you. I know avon has one and probably Mary Kay as well.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:59 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• Protect it from the sun and Mederma have helped my DS scar he has one on his eyelid from crashing into a coffee table.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 12, 2013