excercise ball for labor

Who has used a ball to start labor and it actually worked???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i have my ball and it hasnt worked for me lol... but its just supposed to help bring the baby down into the pelvis area.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:45 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I don't think it's to start labor. they are useful in labor to help with pain management and helping open your pelvis, and move the baby down. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:04 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I have a friend who used an exercise ball, then her water broke like 3 hours later. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but it seemed to have worked for her.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 9:20 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• It's not an "inducer" exactly. But like walking, it can help position baby's head better on the cervix which could encourage it to ripen. It's something that moms can use anytime through pregnancy without worry that it might START labor.

It is REALLY nice in pregnancy and labor, and I love it for postpartum holding baby... especially when the bottom is sore...
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:00 PM on Feb. 16, 2009