Have you ever met someone that faked their pregnancy?

Why fake a pregnancy, you knew you wasn't pregnant in the first place. You lied, you just tried to do it for attention. I hate people like this!

MommyRinda

Asked by MommyRinda at 4:09 PM on Apr. 12, 2013 in General Parenting

• Just one in order to get the BF to marry her.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:13 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• I think for a person to fake a pregnancy for attention, there are a lot of other issues going on with them, so I just ignore it. I don't want to get caught up in their drama because it's a no win situation. I can't prove they were pregnant so why say anything???
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 4:13 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• ***weren't pregnant...

Sorry...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 4:14 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• Yes, I have she faked hers just to make her marriage better her husband want kids but can't have any but he didn't know that but he caught her in her lie which was really sad
    Shaketa123

Answer by Shaketa123 at 4:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• A girl in my state did just this for her senior project. She did it as a social experiment.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504744_162-20056500-10391703.html

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:21 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• Not personally, but I have known of a few who did. They are, for the most part, unbalanced. One girl in our town faked a pregnancy, then faked a miscarriage, then ripped open the belly of a pregnant woman and took her baby, left the mom's body in the woods, and took the baby home. She is in prison now. I just say this to let you know it's not something to be taken lightly. It's a very serious problem.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:26 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• OMG @ Nanny, I think I read about this...she went to her house and dragged her to the woods. That is awful. I cried when I heard about it. I think the mom died, but what happened to the baby?
    ggsmom333

Answer by ggsmom333 at 4:33 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• No.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:39 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• The one person I heard of doing it was to get her BF to marry her. Didn't happen. Probably a good thing since both were real "winners" at that point.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 4:44 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

ggsmom333

The mom's parents have the baby, and he is doing well, or was the last time I heard. The mom did die, and the woman is in prison for murder.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:59 PM on Apr. 12, 2013