umm just a question

I took a test this am it was negative. I am due for my period on wed. the 18th. i had an IUI done on the 6th. I think that is should show up if im preggo right? I think that I should be preggo. I have been having sore boobs, very sleepy, I had some implatation bleeding last week for two days off and on ( pink with a hit of brown), and kind of nausea. But the test on the 14th said Negative, the test this morning said Negative also. Any help ladies........
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• go get a blood test perhaps
    Anonymous

• get a blood test?? idk im not really a doctor so i have no idea.
    Anonymous

• wait to after your period kay and take a test if late good luck and baby dust to you!
    proud_mum_mum

Answer by proud_mum_mum at 9:06 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• You should know in about 2 weeks after an IUI. Did you only have one done? The dr. I work for always does 2 days in a row. Then the patients come back in 2 weeks for a BHCG and the hormones should have kicked in by then...it may just be too soon to show up on a UPT, but it will show up in the blood. Your dr. didn't tell you all this stuff? At the least you should have been given a date to have your BHCG done!!
    Anonymous

• POSTER:
    Yeah I just had one on the 6th. No he just told me that I could take a test the first day of my missed period. He didnt say anything about a BHCG or anything like that. Ummm maybe he was to preoccupoied or something. I have been reading on line that you can test 12 to 14 days after an IUI. Maybe I should look into getting another RE that can tell me things like this. He told me to take a urine test. I was going to take another test on the 18th, but I just might wait and go to another clinic and get a blood test. How long does it take to get the results back?
    Anonymous

• A little OT but what is IUI?
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 1:39 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Interine Uterine Insemination
    They take your hubbys sperm or donor sperm wash it and insert it right into your uterus, to wait on the egg
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Feb. 17, 2009