Gotta Brag!

What awesome, cool and amazing things has/have your kids done lately?

I just got a notice in the mail that my high school freshman, Sam is getting an academic award. He is an excellent student, so it doesn't surprise me. Honestly, he makes straight A's look easy. But for him to be in a school that recognizes it is just awesome.

Brag away mamas!

balagan_imma

Asked by balagan_imma at 4:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2013 in General Parenting

• Nicely done, Sam! I am sure you're very proud of him!
    Yesterday I took my kids to the hematologist for a long doctor visit, and even though they were stuck there almost two hours, they never complained or got squirmy. Then they each had 5 tubes of blood drawn. They were totally cool about it. They didn't even flinch.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:51 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• Congrats!!! Sam!! :)

congratulations

My Daughter is starting to talk with real words! (She's 20 months)

My Son is 6 & there was a Parent Dinner Party at his Elementary school & he asked if I was going. I said "no, Mommy doesn't have a babysitter to stay with you & your sister". He said "It's OK Mama, I can stay by myself & babysit "Sissy" I want you to have some fun too!" I grabbed him & gave him a hug & teared up :( I said "You know what? I'd have more fun staying home with you!"

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:58 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• My 8th grade son was asked to play basketball this year for the high school jr. varsity team. This was a great honor. We are very proud parents. His school has never recruited jr. high athletes before.
    Drews8

Answer by Drews8 at 6:11 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• You've done such a wonderful job raising your children. I'm always inspired by you and, by extension, your children. Congratulations! To you all!
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:54 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• Congratulations to Sam! That's quite an achievement!

My youngest is leaving for Naval Basic Training in 3 weeks and I'm very proud of him!
    Our oldest just got out of the AF after serving 2 tours in Iraq.
    They're both my hero's!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:46 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Way to go, Sam!

My daughter finally managed to climb to the top of the monkey bars at school. I wasn't there, but from what she told me, she fell from the top bar and knocked the wind out of herself. She said she was scared and her tummy hurt and she could barely move. She said, "I cried, Mama, but just a few tears." Then she climbed back up and tried again. It's a little thing, but I was proud of her tenacity.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:42 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• Congrats to your son!

My oldest (2.5 years) is sitting on the potty. Not peeing or pooping on it yet, but sitting on it without fighting, and actually asking to sit on it by herself, which is a huge improvement for us. She also wants to wear "unerwear" but she can't tell us yet before she goes, we tried but I just end up washing her clothes 5x more than usual.
    My youngest just got his first haircut, and he said poo poo and applesauce today. Applesauce came out "abblesauce" but I am still proud! He also repeated "get down" today, and then kept telling his sister to "Get down" anytime he saw her head pop up from behind the couch. He is growing up. He is 15 months.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 6:28 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• way to goYay for Sam!!! That's fantastic :)  My 5th grader just got her grade card & she made all A's & 1 B.  She's made Honor Roll every quarter so far this year, has had perfect attendance & earned the Clean Slate Award (meaning no behavior issues)  They also included the results of her Math & Reading scores from a computer program they work on & she is almost at a 7th grade Reading level & almost 8th grade level for Math.  :) 

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:42 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• My eldest opened her arms and her heart to foster a week old little girl that was taken away from her mom because she had drugs in her system and did not want her, I am proud to be her mother!! but then again I have always been proud of all my grown kids!

Answer by older at 9:03 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• and hopefully adopt her after a year....