Kids fun budget......

do you cover overages?

example... my 6 year old earned $20 for the circus.

she chooses to do.... $8 camel ride, $3 sno cone $4 bouncy house and $2 for half a thing of mini donuts splitting with her brother. then sees a light up toy for $5 and she is *only* a few bucks short. what then?!?!?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 6:39 PM on Apr. 12, 2013 in Entertainment

• If the kid was good get it lol its only a few bucks there happiness is priceless :D
    LostInMyMind

Answer by LostInMyMind at 6:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• Either just give her the extra or loan it to her and have her earn it later.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:46 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• I am mean I guess because I would say 'maybe next time'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:46 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• She's only 6 and she did share the donuts with her brother. I'd cover it and not make a big deal out of it.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 6:58 PM on Apr. 12, 2013

• I'd probably cover it. Twenty dollars doesn't go very far at the circus anymore. The items were all what I would consider overpriced, so I'd pitch in the extra and call it a treat. She did share the doughnuts.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:27 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• I think it kind of depends. I went with my oldest on a field trip to St. Augustine once, and I gave him $20 to spend. He'd spent most of it on something (I can't recall what) and then saw something else and was like, "I have got to get this!" He asked me for the extra to get it and I said no, but then he was like, "But I want to get it for (little brother at home)." So I gave him the extra, because I wanted to encourage that completely unprompted generosity.

But there's been other times where he just doesn't plan well, spends all he's got and starts begging for something else and sometimes I do tell him no. For example, we're going to Legoland this week. I've already told them both we're not buying any legos there because I've talked to enough people to know that what they sell there is the same stuff as at Walmart and it's all double the cost. If I can get it somewhere else anytime, I'm not forking over extra cash for him.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:10 AM on Apr. 13, 2013