Police Gun Control Survey: Are legally-armed citizens the best solution to gun violence?

http://www.policeone.com/Gun-Legislation-Law-Enforcement/articles/6183787-PoliceOnes-Gun-Control-Survey-11-key-lessons-from-officers-perspectives/?fb_ref=homepage

So...what are your thoughts on this??

Ready set debate! 

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:39 AM on Apr. 13, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Without reading the link and just answering your question... I feel very strongly about it. YES, I will own a gun. However, at this point, they are creating a panic situation, as usual. Guns and ammo are being bought out of local stores like crazy. Is this the answer? No. Nothing will improve by law makers going crazy trying to up the ante on gun laws.... That's purely a band-aide approach by giving the public what they think they want. Again, creating a panic. It's not going to stop stupidity. It's not going to stop crime.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:50 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• It does not surprise me, the police should know more than anybody since they are the ones that deal with the situations. I know there are many Sheriffs in my state that have already come forward and have publicly said they will not support the federal government on bans on guns or more restrictive laws.  Many of them have addressed the mental issue topic.

marymargret

Answer by marymargret at 11:28 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• I don't know lol. I do wish that they could do a survey of more than just 15,000 police officers though. They're human just like us and I'm sure there are a lot of different opinions that we're not seeing with this survey.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 11:40 AM on Apr. 13, 2013

• i put as much stock in this poll as i do any political poll...not much. they are soooo easy to skew and i dont know enough about policeone to trust that they are completely impartial on gun rights.

and i just find it really hard to believe that cops are all for citizens "helping" save ppl in instances of mass shootings...that just makes no logical sense. unless of course the citizens are actually off duty cops, retired military with gun training, hunters, or marksmen. i know many gun owners that i would NOT want shooting into a crowd, my DH being one of them. especially that they think this will help more so than getting the psycho killers the mental help they need.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:08 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• I agree with M-avi. Doing anything in a panic or as a knee jerk reaction to something like the Sandy Hook tragedy will not improve the situation.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:32 PM on Apr. 13, 2013

• NO.
    pooldo

Answer by pooldo at 3:29 PM on Apr. 15, 2013